Well Duke Nukem Forever Be Out Before Pandora ?

Well Duke Nukem Forever be out before Pandora ?

• Total voters

yep, basically they all got addicted to WoW and DNF fell apart

2gum687.png

El Jefe said:
I hope you know Duke Nukem Forever is now abandonware...

i think you misunderstand the term abandonware.
its a term made up by someone in the 90's who wanted to share old games and assumed nobody would care if they did so.

Last edited by a moderator:
gibberish said:
El Jefe said:
I hope you know Duke Nukem Forever is now abandonware...

i think you misunderstand the term abandonware.
its a term made up by someone in the 90's who wanted to share old games and assumed nobody would care if they did so.
oop
I'm pretty sure everyone gets what I mean though
the term vaporware implies that it might someday materialize right? so that doesn't work
I guess just... bankruptware...

Couldn't resist voting for Yes :D

<sarcasm on>
BTW: Has DNF entered mass production yet?
<sarcasm off>

The Pandora team should by the rights and what's left of DNF, port and finish it for the Pandora, and then give a free copy of the game with every single Pandora you ordered. With that marketing strategy, everyone would know and want a Pandora :D

Well, let's see....

Duke Nukem is on indefinite hiatus (Which for video games means death.)
Pandora is like an ever receding mirage on the horizon.

May we have a third option, please?

I'm going to vote Duke Nukem because I'm holding on to hope that an alpha might leak.

EvilDragon said:

<sarcasm on>
<sarcasm off>

I don't know. Did they ever finish the case for DNF?

That would be a pretty good selling point, while I don't like FPS that much, a pack-in of a game that was pushed aside would be pretty neat, considering how popular Duke Nukem' was.
Still, unless we can get our grubby hands on the rights to DNF...

EvilDragon said:

<sarcasm on>
<sarcasm off>

[more sarcasm]
pages 8-9 said:
29. Apogee denies the allegations contained in paragraph 29 of the Complaint, except admits that as part of recent negotiations with Take-Two (during January through April 2009), Apogee requested that Take-Two provide funding for Apogee's development of the Xbox 360 version of the DNF game in the amount of $6,000,000, which would cover the costs to complete both the Xbox 360 and PC versions of the DNF game, and states further that Take-Two agreed to this amount, and then backtracked and lowered it to $5,000,000, and then at the last minute (on April 22nd) offered to fund only 50% of the this amount. Apogee denies Take-Two's allegations that it was unsure of the development progress for the DNF game because Take-Two made several trips to Apogee for that very purpose during 2007 and 2008. For example, Take-Two's representatives visited Apogee on no less than 4 occasions during 2008 to review the development progress on the DNF game. Apogee also traveled to Take-Two's offices in January and April 2009 to demonstrate the development status of the DNF game on both the PC and Xbox 360, at which point Take-Two stated it was impressed with the gameplay and pleased with the development progress on the game.
[...]
32. Apogee admits that it has continually worked on the development of the DNF for many years, and continues to do so. Apogee denies the allegations contained in paragraph 32 of the Complaint.
33. Apogee admits that, on May 6, 2009, it laid off most of the DNF game development team, but retained the original game creators George Broussard and Scott Miller, among others. Take-Two was fully aware this was going to happen weeks before this date if a funding agreement was not reached between Apogee and Take-Two. Apogee denies the remaining allegations contained in paragraph 33 of the Complaint.

I'm a little impressed with pandora :D
[/more sarcam]

Still, unless we can get our grubby hands on the rights to DNF...
pages 9-10 said:
36. Apogee denies the allegations contained in paragraph 36 of the Complaint, and states further that under the terms of the agreements, Take-Two is not entitled to receipt of the object code for the DNF game until the game has been completed by Apogee, and Take-Two is not entitled to receipt of the source code for the DNF game until the PC Version of the game has been completed and Take-Two has properly exercised its option to develop a Console Version of the game within the 30-day period following the release date of the PC Version at retail. License Agreement, §§l(c)(iii) and 2(e). Under the terms of the October 2007 Agreement, if certain conditions are not met, repayment of the Additional DNF Advance becomes due on October 22, 2012. October 2007 Agreement, 18.

Duke Nukem Forever was doomed from the start. Its acronym DNF also stands for "Did Not Finnish".

Back