Well Looky At What Up For Sale On Ebay Today

Item Specifics - Desktop PCs
Chip Type: Intel Pentium 4 HT Processor Speed: 3,400 MHz
Memory (RAM): 2,000 MB Hard Drive Capacity: 0 GB
Brand: Dell Primary Drive: CD-RW
Features: -- Condition: Used

lol... since when do large hadron colliders have 2 gig of memory and a 3,400MHZ cpu? not to mention the CD drive...

Brand: Dell

Lol.

WARNING. The seller will not be responsible if this is not correctly installed as there is a risk of black holes apearing and a possible end to the world.

>.>, I hear this so often it is starting to frustrate me.

Theone said:
WARNING. The seller will not be responsible if this is not correctly installed as there is a risk of black holes apearing and a possible end to the world.
>.>, I hear this so often it is starting to frustrate me.

lmao, I know... black holes are just gravity, and gravity needs mass. when a mini black hole appears, it has no mass, and so dissapears within a few seconds or so. some people are soooo stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Although if the LHC does manage to magically create mini black holes, we'll have to convert it to do so with asteroids. Of course we'll need to capture a Romulan and get the pointy eared bastard to spill the beans on how their ships are able to use black holes as propulsion, but that shouldn't be too hard.

jakshep2 said:
lmao, I know... black holes are just gravity, and gravity needs mass. when a mini black hole appears, it has no mass, and so dissapears within a few seconds or so. some people are soooo stupid.
Black holes are not *just* gravity. They are an extremely massive object (relatively speaking) with a singularity at their heart. At the centre of the singularity the density is inifinite I think. The singularity is contained in an event horizon which stuff can pass into but can never leave. Gravity is a force that is directly proprotional to mass. The force between two object can be approximately calculated as F = G*M*m/r².

The blackholes created in the LHC, if any at all, would have a fairly small mass and hence would evaporate entirely in a fairly short period of time due to a loss of energy (and thus mass) in the form of Hawking radiation (which is the only think that can leave a black hole).

Some people may be "soooo stupid" but if they are then you are aswell. They are perfectly allowed to worry that the LHC will be their demise as its their time to waste worrying.

Peter R said:
At the centre of the singularity the density is inifinite I think.
Ok i think i get it, in a nutshell something that has mass but takes up no space at all is said to have infinite density and is therefore known as a singularity, right?

fade said:
Peter R said:
Ok i think i get it, in a nutshell something that has mass but takes up no space at all is said to have infinite density and is therefore known as a singularity, right?

I think so as it occupies a single point that is infinitely small...

Peter R said:
fade said:
Peter R said:

I think so as it occupies a single point that is infinitely small...

Does anyone know if it can emulate N64????

:rolleyes:

The singularity happens at the center of the black hole, but only from the point of view of a person who is falling in. Also, while for that observer, the density is indeed infinite, technically what makes it a singularity is that we can no longer measure the gravitational field of such a place.

(I think)

Also, while black holes can emulate N64, they cannot emulate DC and while Saturn is possible, it is not playable.

Back