WEP -128 Key not connecting + misc

QazzaQY2K

Still Fresh
Hey all just got my Pandora today! Will try and post a review tomorrow once I've gotten more comfortable with my Pandroa.

First thing I'm pretty much newb when it comes to linux. I played with it once a very long long time ago with Red Hat or something. Don't really remember anything. If i use WPA it works fine.

Yes i just installed the new hotfix! I'm also having the time set issue. I'm GMT+1 it sets two hours a head.

My order was also missing a battery. I've already sent a mail about it. The Pandora looks pretty sweet!

Only thing that was strange, When I was talking photos, and removed the battery and put it back in. The Pandora automatically powers on.

So right now I've only had issues with my SD card with win xp. Its my strange USB SD Card reader. Seems its not compatible with 32gb XD. My EeePC works ok. By the way is it woth to format it Ext2?

Thats it for now. Some one better direct me to the newbs section. Not even sure how the directory structure was supposed to look like yet.

By the way is it woth to format it Ext2?

i was going to format one of my cards, but that's so simlinks and the like work, and i very rarely use windows

if you're generally a windows user, then there's probably not much point to it really, put up with fat :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks will do.. Looks by the way like its my second Wifi Link thats not wanting to connect at all. I've got a pretty funny network setup actually.

Its a Swedish COMHEM. The modem is a cablemodem and wifi and router all in one. Now I got that through a Power Line ethernet to the other end of the house where my i got my next router up and running. So that one works to connect with Pandora. While the main one isn't connecting at all, not even when fully visible with no security at turned on at all. Even tho the connection is established with the living room router does connect. Still can't get it why this one wont. It doesn't seem to be a WEP issue.

So I've been trying to connect to my Wifi NETGEAR Wireless Cable Voice Gateway CG3100. It just won't connect. Not sure whats going on. I know its a little stranger 65Mbits wifi but that shouldn't matter. Works even with a old Nintendo DS. Thats mainly why I use two. One for the Wifi Online WEP for NDS.

can't figure this out right now. I've reset the modem and tryed all possible settings. Reedited the wifi settings on the pandora. Still it wont connect to it. Ideas anyone?

By the way is it woth to format it Ext2?
No! I'm a Linux user and by habit I tend to format my SD Cards as ext2. However, I managed to end up with my main one corrupted due to something crashing on my Pandora, and I couldn't rescue it, so I reformatted it to FAT32. I strongly recommend using FAT32. :p

I'm afraid I can't help with anything else. I just wanted to point out that ext2 is a pain if by some chance your SD Card gets corrupted.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I've been trying to connect to my Wifi NETGEAR Wireless Cable Voice Gateway CG3100. It just won't connect. Not sure whats going on. I know its a little stranger 65Mbits wifi but that shouldn't matter. Works even with a old Nintendo DS. Thats mainly why I use two. One for the Wifi Online WEP for NDS.

can't figure this out right now. I've reset the modem and tryed all possible settings. Reedited the wifi settings on the pandora. Still it wont connect to it. Ideas anyone?

some hardware just does not work with some routers.

as for the pandora coming on when a battery is inserted. yes it does this.

Well it seems I've some how worked it out. Tried just WPA v1 and TIKA or what its called. It finally is connecting to it. still have a very low speed tho. Less then 1Mbit. Will have to do some more testing. ScummVM is nice. Just hard to figure out how to exit some games at times ;P

Now i just need to make a mount point of a samba or ssh tunnel connection to my main comp. See if that works to stream video with.

Back