What arcade games would you play in a compo? Would you?

Given MAME and ROM availability, would you play in a compo? (ie: submit scores a few times over a fe

• Yes, awesome, like the good old days

Votes: 33 66.0%
  • Yes. awesome, only if its a game or two I really like

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • No, don't care about measuring up against other people, or don't have time or whatever

Votes: 4 8.0%

• Total voters

Tapper is really great! Played versions on apple II and many other devices.

That would be nice! hic up... ^_^  

950...maybe it works.  Not on my unit, because I won't clock my unit that high, I fear frying it.

Support Open Pandora by frying your box, and buying another one.

But seriously, you don't have to fear the clock - the CPU will crash long before it does any physical damage.

disclaimer: am not electrical engineer!

Here's my vote for 1942, Galaga, Scramble.

In the table of games, maybe put the high score instead of "here" for the links?

Last edited by a moderator:
We have a actual webpage coming out soon; the pure-text ghetto one is just a placeholder the server can spit out for lulz :)

I've been working on some firmware stuff the last few days .. I'll see if I can squeeze in a few more games for C4A over the next couple of days :)

jeff

You DO just use the same game files for C4A as you would for PanMAME, right?

I DID mention Defender.

Tapper is fun, I have both a beer and a root beer version on that one.

I'm personally happy when I can get 2,000 point on Defender, lol...but it's still fun, even if it is possibly the hardest video game ever made.

Crazy Balloon is pretty hard. When I say hard, I mean embolism inducing. Not one for the impatient, or those with a phobia of asterisks.

Remember when Defender was new, people avoided it but would crowd around when anyone played so they could try and learn how to last long enough to make it worth the risk of humiliation.

Oh, hell yeah!!

Sinistar is VERY hard.

I have still tried to figure what button to press to fire Sinibombs - needless to say I get ROOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRed ever single time.  I have taken out a few pieces, so I'm obviously hitting the right button sometimes when doing the button mash...but I am not sure which button actually controls it, lol

How about Mad Planets? I never played the original - just on MAME - I didn't realise you could rotate your ship until I looked it up on KLOV...  top game though. Great sound track... almost as good as gyruss...

Here's a few more suggestions

Centipede, QBert, Paperboy (Arcade)

Final Fight, Kung-Fu Master (Beat 'em Up)

Spy Hunter, Chase HQ (Racing)

Oh my! Rygar added?

Is there a way I could play the highscores without a pandora?

I love that game and am pretty good at it at the highest difficulty.

Is there a way I could play the highscores without a pandora?
I can think of three ways a person without a pandora can compete...

1. Buy a Pandora, then compete. (recommended!)

2. Try to port skeezix changes back to regular PC MAME... (maybe not too difficult)

3. Code up a performant Pandora emulator. (very difficult or impossible)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back