How About A Competition?

Now that I think, for my game I will need help of a music artist, but the price is only a unit of the pandora. If somebody helps me, I don't know what to give to he/she back, because the pandora can't be shared :S

There is the creative commons music but it's not the same..

(My game is a mix of a musical game and a platformer but I have no musical sense)

I have to think all of this before starting to coding because I will not do all the hard work and then be unable to finish the game because lack of music artist...that was what happened to me with the castlevania game, but graphics artists in that case..

Any news? I have interesting ideas for an original game, but I'd want to release it only for the competition, just bucause I "need" the pandora and I dont have any money

No news as of yet. I have been trying to contact craigix over email. He hasn't written back yet though. I see that there is still interest. I will try to contact him again...

^^, thanks for that mate... will take note of this.

Okay, is there still demand for a competition? I will try to contact Craigix vehemently today and see if this is going to happen or not!

A competition would definitely give me the impetus needed to improve and finish what I'm working on.
(Just had some lib problems moving to allegro 4.3.10 which I sorted out today)

But will be the competition only for GP2X? or will be possible to submit an entry coded for the pandora? Well, as the pandora isn't out yet, a version for pc that should be ported to the pandora

efegea said:
But will be the competition only for GP2X? or will be possible to submit an entry coded for the pandora? Well, as the pandora isn't out yet, a version for pc that should be ported to the pandora
Or maybe an entry that runs on QEMU ARM vm?

Last edited by a moderator:
Still no news? I want to start developing but don't know if I have to code for the GP2X or for the Pandora... :(

I got no response from craigix on my email. Don't know if he is too busy or what. I see that he has enabled his PM-box again. I will try to send him another pm and if he doesn't answer to that, I give up.

efegea said:
Still no news? I want to start developing but don't know if I have to code for the GP2X or for the Pandora... :(
Try both, shouldn't be too complicated.

sindbad said:
efegea said:
Try both, shouldn't be too complicated.
Not as easy. On the gp2x I'd use trenki's software renderer and in the pandora OpenGL ES 2.0.. I could make it modular so I can switch the backend renderer, and I love to do it this way, but it's more work to do and I always end working a lot on the modularity of the project but when done I never work on it anymore so the project get abandoned.. It has happened to me a few times :(

efegea said:
Not as easy. On the gp2x I'd use trenki's software renderer and in the pandora OpenGL ES 2.0.. I could make it modular so I can switch the backend renderer, and I love to do it this way, but it's more work to do and I always end working a lot on the modularity of the project but when done I never work on it anymore so the project get abandoned.. It has happened to me a few times :(
Oh. I had no idea the gp2x had no (software) opengl implementation.

Back