What Are Chances The 3000 Will All Be Sold Out By Time They Ship?

zacaj

void main()
Website
zacaj.com
I was wondering what people thought the chances were that the initial 3000 would all be preordered, and there wouldnt be any left a week from when the first people receive them?

zacaj said:
I was wondering what people thought the chances were that the initial 3000 would all be preordered, and there wouldnt be any left a week from when the first people receive them?
How about... what are the chances / percentages of those that order will get a working unit by November 2008?

Last edited by a moderator:
How about.... what are the chances that questions that no one but god could answer stop popping up like weeds in a garden in spring?

Megamixman said:
How about.... what are the chances that questions that no one but god could answer stop popping up like weeds in a garden in spring?
True, but people are always going to want the answers to these sorts of questions - especially banks, investors, shareholders etc.

I want to know if there will still be pandoras left after preorders, or anyone who wants to get a pandora in 2008 better preorder.

For a rough estimate on the demand for Pandoras during the first six weeks after preorder, just contact the omniscient market research division of craigix megacorp.

If I had to say something intelligent, I'd say
the first half will be sold immediately on preorder to this forum and friends

then it'll take until actual hardware reviews pop-up to sell the other half

ashdjones said:
Megamixman said:
True, but people are always going to want the answers to these sorts of questions - especially banks, investors, shareholders etc.

@ashdjones:

Yeah, it's weird that people that want to spend money on something... especially money for something that comes later... it's weird that these people want to know this sort of stuff.

Frankly, I love going into stores, throw my money through the door and say "whatever at whenever".

Fat Agnus said:
ashdjones said:
Megamixman said:

@ashdjones:

Yeah, it's weird that people that want to spend money on something... especially money for something that comes later... it's weird that these people want to know this sort of stuff.

Frankly, I love going into stores, throw my money through the door and say "whatever at whenever".

So when you go to buy a car, you ask the salesman for a list of re-calls that will occur over the lifetime of the product? Or how about how many miles you will get out of it before your first rock chip. Let's not forget the all important "Will the economy crash if I buy this car?". There is something called being reasonable. Also no one asking these types of questions is a banker, investor, shareholder, etc. The people that ask these questions are the same people that gloss in, read the letters FAQ, skip it, and jump on into writing a new topic. So yah, next time I buy a new car, I should also make sure I ask him about the best laundry detergent to use on my underwear.

Megamixman said:
So when you go to buy a car, you ask the salesman for a list of re-calls that will occur over the lifetime of the product? Or how about how many miles you will get out of it before your first rock chip. Let's not forget the all important "Will the economy crash if I buy this car?". There is something called being reasonable. Also no one ...
Not quite the same analogy here. You can ask all these questions from the car dealer all day and night. He may or may not answer or have the answers.

The difference is that you can drive the car off the lot.

Here... there is a lot with some guy(s) giving you an IOU when you leave it. ...and when you ask about the car that the IOU goes with, other people come off the streets to give you another analogy.

I think all of them will be gone real quick. There's all the people around these parts that want them, and then ppl from all sorts of other communities. And then, there are the people that have never heard of Pandora, and won't till its released on preorder. So, I don't think it would take long.

I think they'll be gone before the first day is up. Never underestimate the devotion of nerds--Linux nerds; doubly so.

Megamixman said:
So when you go to buy a car, you ask the salesman for a list of re-calls that will occur over the lifetime of the product? Or how about how many miles you will get out of it before your first rock chip. Let's not forget the all important "Will the economy crash if I buy this car?". There is something called being reasonable.
Sorry, I do think about all these when buying a new car :), the only cars that interest me are the Fit, Yaris, Polo, Camry, Geo Metro, Festiva or Aveo. Anything those can't fit and I will be looking at a mini-van or a light truck. Damn "SUVs" and crossovers and large heavy cars that don't have interior space or build quality (basically any car Pontiac has made ever, except the Holden "GTO", but they F*cked that up into the G8 really quickly.)

I feel with websites like Engadget covering it that unfortunately for me since I'm fairly broke these days that they'll sell out rather fast. This could be a godsend in disguise because there could be, crossing fingers that there won't, but there could be problems with them. And the next batch will be fixed.

There won't be any left as if there are any left (which looking at my inbox after that newsletter seems less and less likely!) we have agreed to sell them to future (2009) distributors.

Just whipping up the panic again ;)

You will all be OK if you order within the first few days I think.

I am currently working on a program that automatically orders a Pandora as soon as the preorder starts. Just run it, enter your credit card information and never worry again! Oh, and disable your firewall and antivirus first.

Back