What Are My Options?

fargo

I want to "mirror" the output of my computer on a second LCD screen 100m away. I thought of a VGA splitter and a long VGA extension cable, but I'm note sure about signal degradation of such a setup. Any thought on how to do this without having ghosts or blur on the remote screen?

Thank you.

Why not just network two computers together via a cat5 cable (which can run upto 100 mtrs without degradation) and run a piece of software on the other machine like remote desktop, Pc anywhere etc ?.

I`m not sure where you could obtain a 100m vga cable (apart from making it yourself) or how much that could cost.

Trooper

You can get boxes that will let you send the VGA signal over a single network cable. I've seen it done to connect a projector to a media centre, although that was only over about 20 meters at the most.

If you've got the money you can get similar boxes to send the signal over fibre optic, although last time I looked they cost several thousand pounds. If you're willing to spend that much money I can dig out the manufacturers details for you :p

Back