What are the differences between the Pandoras?

P

perfectsignalhere

Greetings from a newbie.

It's my understanding that the only major difference between the German made Pandora versus the previous models is the increased RAM to 512mb ?

Is there more I need to know? I have pre ordered but do notice some previous models selling on ebay.

Also some minor processor bugs fixed, slightly improved shoulder buttons, different coloured lid screws, perhaps slightly different paint, new 'rebirth' sticker, minor case strength improvement.

But basically only the RAM double :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Also some minor processor bugs fixed, slightly improved shoulder buttons, different coloured lid screws, perhaps slightly different paint, new 'rebirth' sticker, minor case strength improvement.

Processor bugs fixed?

Processor bugs fixed?

Apparently a minor CPU revision fixed some hardware bugs

not a 1GHz upgrade

Last edited by a moderator:

Processor bugs fixed?

not a 1GHz upgrade

Where did you get that from? Quote?

I thought the processors were the same from the beginning and ordered years ago.

Processor bugs fixed?

not a 1GHz upgrade

Where did you get that from? Quote?

I thought the processors were the same from the beginning and ordered years ago.

Can't find it at the moment (may look harder tomorrow)

Might have been that they ordered the ones for the first batch a little before the others, anyone else know anything?

Same SoC, but a newer revision where TI has fixed some bugs (like the copy from SD-to-SD-Bugs and included a slightly newer SGX).

Remember that the parts we used were for batch 2, so ordered a year later.

The silver screws were just temporary (couldn't get black ones in that short time).

Also, soon there will be a case update with a new color used that doesn't wear out as quickly and some other fixes that make the cases not break as easy in some areas.

Greetings from a newbie.

It's my understanding that the only major difference between the German made Pandora versus the previous models is the increased RAM to 512mb ?

Is there more I need to know? I have pre ordered but do notice some previous models selling on ebay.

scooby-016.gif

When you receive your Pandora, maybe you can hack it, so the ram increases? Damn man, that would really make you a better Pandora player !!!

I'm detecting a secret message somewhere. Can't quite figure it out though. If only I had a crew of zany 20 somethings and a talking dog to help me figure it out.

Same SoC, but a newer revision where TI has fixed some bugs (like the copy from SD-to-SD-Bugs and included a slightly newer SGX).

Remember that the parts we used were for batch 2, so ordered a year later.

The silver screws were just temporary (couldn't get black ones in that short time).

Also, soon there will be a case update with a new color used that doesn't wear out as quickly and some other fixes that make the cases not break as easy in some areas.
If that is true, then will the firmware somehow detect what kind of pandora that is being used? Since I saw in the firmware thread that there was a current fix for the SD-to-sd bug and making the performnace much worse. I don't know if there'd be any _easy_ way to realize that but it's somethign that I'm wondering about.

How did he know?

He has my mac/IP address.

Probably because at one time, long ago, we communicated out of the pandora forum realm.....email,skype.

There is software that permits one to do so.

He even gave everyone my Amazon info. on this forum way back.

I never figured out how he became a moderator.??

Last edited:
How did he know?

He has my mac/IP address.

Probably because at one time, long ago, we communicated out of the pandora forum realm.....email,skype.

There is software that permits one to do so.

He even gave everyone my Amazon info. on this forum way back.

I never figured out how he became a moderator.??

Or because the forum software tracks the IP of posters and makes it available to moderators, probably to make it obvious when people are ban evading like this..

Back