What Are You Doing To Get Your Pandora?

Com64 said:
I'll try that out, I think. But um... do my games really have anything to do with gp32? i guess, since it plays gba games, doesn't it?
We have a large share of retro-gamers around here.
Good games in good quality sell like hot cakes in the marketplace. And you'll have a larger audience, as the dingo/wiz owner don't lurk too much around here

Last edited by a moderator:
sebt3 said:
Com64 said:
I'll try that out, I think. But um... do my games really have anything to do with gp32? i guess, since it plays gba games, doesn't it?
We have a large share of retro-gamers around here.
Good games in good quality sell like hot cakes in the marketplace. And you'll have a larger audience, as the dingo/wiz owner don't lurk too much around here

hows this?

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/55414-selling-my-games-and-flashcarts/

I have a huge load of windows 95/98/nt/dos games to add.

Classic Team said:
My dad promised to pay for my Pandora if I successfully earned my Eagle Scout rank. So I guess you could say I'm doing service to get my Pandora.
tongue.gif

Nice. I wish my dad could afford to get me a Pandora.

I have some friends who are in Cadets.

Com64 said:
Classic Team said:
My dad promised to pay for my Pandora if I successfully earned my Eagle Scout rank. So I guess you could say I'm doing service to get my Pandora.
tongue.gif

Nice. I wish my dad could afford to get me a Pandora.

I have some friends who are in Cadets.

To be honest, I'm not sure my dad can afford a Pandora ether, but he promised he'd get me it if I came through 2 years ago and he's holding to his promise. :)

I got my parents to pay for Pandora on the grounds that I got all A's for the year. I studied my ass off and did, so now it'll be slightly easier to get into a university AND I get a shiny Pandora. It's a win-win.

Failcake said:
I got my parents to pay for Pandora on the grounds that I got all A's for the year. I studied my ass off and did, so now it'll be slightly easier to get into a university AND I get a shiny Pandora. It's a win-win.

That's an amazing and cool story. So in a way, the Pandora 'influenced the universe' in such a way to send you to university?

Classic Team said:
My dad promised to pay for my Pandora if I successfully earned my Eagle Scout rank. So I guess you could say I'm an enthusiastic member of an organization the core tenets of which are held by its highest officials to be in direct opposition to non-theism and homosexuality.

Fixed.

I guess that isn't much more hateful and disgusting than the worst parts of most other large religious organizations. How odd that your dad would reward you for doing something like that.

SomeGuy99 said:
Failcake said:

That's an amazing and cool story. So in a way, the Pandora 'influenced the universe' in such a way to send you to university?

What makes you think the Pandora, in particular, made that difference? I think another incentive would have been offered and probably worked towards just as eagerly in a universe without the Pandora. Clearly you would not be a candidate for attending a nice university like Failcake wants to.

typs lik dis said:
What makes you think the Pandora, in particular, made that difference? I think another incentive would have been offered and probably worked towards just as eagerly in a universe without the Pandora. Clearly you would not be a candidate for attending a nice university like Failcake wants to.

No. In the alternative universe there is nothing else to motive him, and he starts a far less successful path in life.

It is the same universe that has no David Hasslehoff. I exist in his place.

Also, I have been to university already thanks. :)

typs lik dis said:
Classic Team said:
My dad promised to pay for my Pandora if I successfully earned my Eagle Scout rank. So I guess you could say I'm an enthusiastic member of an organization the core tenets of which are held by its highest officials to be in direct opposition to non-theism and homosexuality.

Fixed.

I guess that isn't much more hateful and disgusting than the worst parts of most other large religious organizations. How odd that your dad would reward you for doing something like that.

SomeGuy99 said:
Failcake said:

I am expected to go to the best university in the province by my parents, so I need to study my ass off for the next three years, and focus a lot more.

Ive been slacking since grade 3, but now im finally feeling some recoil.

typs lik dis said:
Classic Team said:

Fixed.

Well I'm sorry your against Boy Scouts, but that was uncalled for. Just because I'm part of Boy Scouts doesn't make me "hateful and disgusting". I was simply sharing how I'm working to get my Pandora, why does this have to turn into a trash-talk-people-you-don't-agree-with topic?

My dad wanted to get an Eagle Scout when he was young, but was unable to. He hopes that I will get it, thus being the first one in our family name to get one, which is why he's willing to spend that kind of money. Weather you disagree with this or not is fine, but please, this topic is about what we're doing to get our Pandora, not 'let's bash on the kid that's part of an organization I don't like.' :p

^ Awesome. Proof that Pandora's also raise grade point averages!

I was a Eagle Scout, but I tend not to advertise it (or contribute to BSA when they ask from time to time) for the reasons that typs lik dis so eloquently laid out.

On the other hand, I'm an Atheist and never made any secret of it. No problem at all. The Texans in the BSA central office can make whatever hateful rules or proclamations they feel like, but up here in New England nobody cares, not even the priest that sponsored the troop.

Com64 said:
"typs lik dis" is being just as discriminating as the type of people he is describing... how ironic.
How so? Surely you're not comparing dislike for a particular youth club with religious and sexual discrimination?!?

I dislike many clubs and organizations. (To pick an extreme example, I dislike the Klu Klux Klan.) I do not at all consider that "just as discriminating" as publicly announcing that people of particular religious beliefs or people of particular sexual orientation are contrary to the basic tenants morality. (As BSA has done on multiple occasions.)

BSA might have some outdated values but that's no reason for typs lik dis to undermine Classic Team's personal goals. It's just rude actually. He's trolling, he's been doing a bit of it recently, and here we are 3 hours later still discussing it. Mission accomplished?

VRAndy said:
Com64 said:
"typs lik dis" is being just as discriminating as the type of people he is describing... how ironic.
How so? Surely you're not comparing dislike for a particular youth club with religious and sexual discrimination?!?

I dislike many clubs and organizations. (To pick an extreme example, I dislike the Klu Klux Klan.) I do not at all consider that "just as discriminating" as publicly announcing that people of particular religious beliefs or people of particular sexual orientation are contrary to the basic tenants morality. (As BSA has done on multiple occasions.)

forget i said anything, lol. I make dumb coments sometimes.

Gruso said:
BSA might have some outdated values but that's no reason for typs lik dis to undermine Classic Team's personal goals. It's just rude actually. He's trolling, he's been doing a bit of it recently, and here we are 3 hours later still discussing it. Mission accomplished?

Don't you hate those damned trollers?...

anyway I might trace some quarters onto cardboard and use them in mechanical candy machines, just to see if it works. I probably have the wrong coin... lots of them use loonies ($1 coin).

Classic Team said:

And if I ever do any development for the Pandora, that might just jump start my computer science career! Especially considering I've tried multiple languages and could never stick to one.

And I somehow feel like I turned this thread into the morality of the Boy Scouts, as opposed to discussing how we paid for our Pandoras.

Failcake said:
And I somehow feel like I turned this thread into the morality of the Boy Scouts, as opposed to discussing how we paid for our Pandoras.

No, no, it's good. Otherwise I would have had nothing to contribute to this thread other than "I, uh, had the money in my checking account ... so I spent it." Which doesn't make a very good story.

This way I got to mention that I'm an Eagle Scout.
(Or was an Eagle Scout. No, wait, I think I can still say "is", because "Eagle Scout" is a rank, and you keep your rank even after you're no longer a scout. Arg. Confusing. )

Failcake said:
Classic Team said:

And if I ever do any development for the Pandora, that might just jump start my computer science career! Especially considering I've tried multiple languages and could never stick to one.

Really? Have you tried Java yet? I've been learning that in my spare time, it's not too bad. Of course, that's just from my own personal experience. Different languages fit different people. :)

Also, thanks guys. I seem to have the worst luck on Message Boards - People like to target me for different reasons, but I can't explain it. It's like I'm a troll magnet >_<

Wow, another topic going... off Topic. I guess that's the norm these days. XD

Classic Team said:

I will quote my previous refutation of this idea (next time, read the whole topic, won't cha?):
What makes you think the Pandora, in particular, made that difference? I think another incentive would have been offered and probably worked towards just as eagerly in a universe without the Pandora.

In any case, that post hardly constitutes "proof."

Com64 said:
Don't you hate those damned trollers?...

You mean trolls? haha

Com64 said:
anyway I might trace some quarters onto cardboard and use them in mechanical candy machines, just to see if it works. I probably have the wrong coin... lots of them use loonies ($1 coin).

I gather that in addition to musicians, vending machine owners, which include small families that would be hit hard by even minor theft, are one of the groups of people that Canadians dislike. Ironically, many creative works, at least in the U.S. (e.g. south park) would give the impression that Canadians are very nice and nondiscriminatory people who would sooner go without their vending machined goods than steal them. What a coincidence that BSA and Canada have collided in the same topic.

Classic Team said:
Also, thanks guys. I seem to have the worst luck on Message Boards - People like to target me for different reasons, but I can't explain it. It's like I'm a troll magnet >_<

It probably has something to do with your posts.

Back