What are you playing this weekend/these days?

Loco_Roco_family_portrait_by_tsutar.jpg

After finishing Limbo I've started playing Apotheon, a Metroidvania that was gifted to me.

While the art style is refreshingly different and I like the very strong ties to Greek mythology and the original literature, performance isn't as good as I'd expect from a 2D game like this and the fighting is completely awful. Enemies usually run through the screen and hit you in a second while you need ages for every attack and collision is quite ridiculous. Sometimes you are flying 20 meters up in the air after being bitten by a wolf or something similar.

It looks and feels like a flash browser game but since I like Metroidvanias I will finish it.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/9dhfsg1waxk?feature=oembed

@Strigoi: Are you actually finishing all the games that you are posting here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Gemini Rue was cool, but I now just finished Technobabylon. That's the single best point-and-click I've played in my life. It has charme, suspense, humor, intrigue and heart. The writing in this gripping sci-fi story is top-notch and the puzzles are inventive and logical. Also finished it without even once consulting a walkthrough - I'm a bit proud of myself.

Finished Wolfenstein: New Order, but I may replay with a harder difficulty level (it was a nice game)

Started Wolfenstein: Old Blood (on hard difficulty).

Also Playing The Talos Principle (and I still have to finish Serious Sam 3, but that last Boss is so borring). A very good puzzle game!!!

And having fun with Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed, that is surprisingly fun to play.

Btw, if Talos (and SS3:BFE) use my 3-screen display nicely, it's really a shame that both Wolfenstein (that are very current games) and even Sonic Racing just doesn't work out-of-the box in my setup. I had to use third-party software to make them work (Windows + NVidia setup)

Yes, good. Transistor, such good game. First and only game I took the time to get all the achievables and didn't feel like I'd wasted my time.

Impossible Mission is one my fave games. I've completed it on a number of formats (without cheating). I even worked on a remake several years ago -

WIP screenie

im_05.JPG

Back