What are you playing this weekend/these days?

long hiatus from playing games, bought the humble freedom bundle though, since it had a bunch i've wanted to play/have, and it was for a good cause. just finished Octodad: Dadliest Catch; my kind of humor, a little frustrating in the "timer-based" segments, though thankfully those are few and far between.

Fire Emblem Fates (Birthright path). I'm currently focusing on matching up all the non-S Rank people by doing challenges (combat w/o story impact), so it feels more like a strange dating simulator rather than a tactics game :D

Finished the main campaign of Shadowrun Returns: Hong-Kong on the Win.
Same formula as Dragonfall, some graphical improvements with parallax and some improvements in the combat mechanisms also, but they might have already been in Dragonfall Deluxe Edition.

The writing is still top-notch, the story felt a bit too direct to me: quite early in the game I already knew what would be waiting for me at the end (with only a few unknowns), but it was still fun to play, the characters are interesting and some situations go deeper than the usual cRPG stuff.
Recently I tend to tire of the games I play and to be somehow glad when they're over so that I can move to something else, but in that case I just moved on to the bonus campaign.

just finished Fire Emblem Fates (Birthright path). the end was sad, and i kind of wanted give all my guys a big hug T_T well, now i'll check out what the Conquest path is all about :D i hope i don't have to chill out with king garon all the time; he's an ass and i really don't like him :mad:
i'm glad they removed weapon deterioration in this game so you don't have to scroll through your gazillion units to find the one guy whose sword is about to break (and you can spend all your money on cool stuff and weapon upgrades now!). the player home thing is awesome, although the hot bath was constantly occupied by dudes so my female char ran off all the time :/ the characters were super cool as always, and i think i'll do some random challenge maps just to unlock more support dialogues :> oh, and the "dragon vein" mechanic (activates map/weather/buff effects) are a nice idea and i used them all the time (even on the boss map, which was NOT a good idea, but that's what you get for not reading the damn tooltip, duh) :D can't wait to play the other two paths and discover what happened to garon to make him so evil, and what was going on on the other side of that war all the time..!

Dragon Quest 4.
When DQX came out I set a goal of playing through all the Dragon Quest games, ostensibly on my Pandora as far as I could. I got much of the way through 4 when I got lost, told myself I'd look up a walkthrough to get through it in a few days.
Recently I heard that DQXI is coming out soon and decided I should really finish my goal, load it up, have even less idea what I'm doing than I did 3 years ago, and started over.

Bytextest-my_summer_car_build.jpg

What I've been doing so far:

Building car .1%
Procrastinating/Messing about 99.9%

Been playing Monkey Island 3 a bit on my Vampire accelerated Amiga 600 with ScummVM, also some Gloom Deluxe and Doom 2.

Also been playing the recent Linux port of DiRT Rally.

Back