What are you playing this weekend/these days?

I finally finished the first four Professor Layton games (took forever because lack of money, no time, lost/malfunctioning cartridges, and a broken DSi produced quite a holdup).
Next on my list is Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker. Already played the original game, but the new 3D scenes are super pretty and I'm curious about the additional content.

The Solus Project:

Finished it the day before yesterday. All in all good game and while the ending isn't that great, at least the game isn't taking the easy route. Would have loved more then one save state though, on two occasions in the game I had to start from the beginning again as I did not have a certain item I needed in order to survive.
I am an adventure nut, and usually not into "walking sims" but what tsp lacks in real "puzzles", to solve, it makes up with athmosphere.

As I got myself a WiiU recently, I have been playing:
- Mario 3D World, very pleasant and I've already finished it.
- Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. A JRPG that works a bit like Persona but with a JPOP background
- Zelda Wind Waker HD

Lot of Pandora Diablo II this weekend, Got to Act II on my Paladin. Hit a wall with Duriel at the end of Act II on my Sorceress, think I need to gain a few levels, or find someone to get into a multiplayer game with.

I'm "living" Batman Arkham Knight
I want a Joker in my head too :D

...anyway I keep feeling something wrong with Catwoman... I'm very used to the one in Arkham City, she was just perfect, and while they are very similar, this one seems not right... maybe too slim ? or something with the face ? ...I really don't know, the movements are exactly the same, but I just can't recognize her as Catwoman... o_O

Last edited:
I want a Joker in my head too :D

Careful what you wish for ... and no, you really really don't.

Do you know how insanely irritating it gets - day after day, month after month, year after year...

If the only voices in your mind are your own... count your lucky stars and pray that it stays that way.

@Klumpen: Holy shit dude! You must have waaaaaaay more free time than I have.

Maybe I just don't have any friends (or a TV).
Same and same. No radio or newspapers/magazines either. These forums are about as far as I go in terms of social or keeping up with the 'news'.

I started some of those last year and since my neighbor above me is active from 23:30 to 5:30, sleep is always a problem...

The only 2 games I've spent more than a couple of hours on this year are FFX (played every day for about a week, then got too busy and haven't picked it up again), and Spore... The creative aspect is a big draw, but when I look at how I allocated my time... most of it was in modifying or 'pimping' my installation.

It seems I have a passion for 'setting things up'... I've done that with all my devices... spent hours, days or weeks modifying, tweaking, optimizing... and when the device or game is the best I can get it... I seem to lose interest.

I haven't finished a game in years.

The Pandora and about 30 minutes commute time (in train) helped me get a lot of playing time.

I've recently finished Doom 2, it was fun but I think I liked the first one better, even though the super shotgun is really cool and it's interesting to see how the BFG ends up becoming a gun you regularly use instead of something you keep for the bosses.
Now I'm back on the Brutal Doom campaign (level 15), the occasional slowdowns are a bit disappointing, but it's still fun (and brutal).

The last several weeks I've been playing a game called "homelab admin". In this game, you buy a bunch of 2nd hand enterprise-grade gear on ebay, and try to get it working with no formal training or prior experience. There's only one boss, but you fight her several times - first about how much you spent on all the gear, then on how inhumanly loud it is, then about how much space it takes up, and finally about how the electric bill shot up overnight.

I'm considering picking up the "42U rack from craigslist" DLC, but I hear the boss battle in that is brutal.

After finishing "Adventures of Mana" on the Vita I am now playing SteamWorld Heist. Great game!

Witcher 3.. hardly touched when it first released as I had a few game breaking performance issues with it, but after having recently upgraded my rig & with it's patches since, It is now running like a dream (and often looks quite beautiful) I'd now say it is unquestionably one of the greatest games I have ever played.. period! the attention to detail (in pretty much every aspect major, or 'insignificant') is simply staggering. It shines through that the game was obviously a labor of love for all those working on it and the respect for Andrzej Sapkowski's Witcher stories comes through loud and clear.. can't remember the last time I played a game (particularly a RPG) that I didn't skip the majority of the dialogue & turn off the music but both are of such a consistently high quality in Witcher 3 that you'd be doing yourself a major disservice if you did imho (the voice acting is much better than it usually is in games too!)
I simply can't think of anything negative to say about it (almost unheard of for me) & am eagerly awaiting any morsel of info on CD Projekt's next game.. Cyberpunk 2077 can't imagine how they can improve upon Witcher 3 but am sure they will be aiming to. I'll be paying very close attention though as I'm a big (anal) fan of Mike Pondsmith's work who designed the fantastic original and with whom CD Projekt are now working with on 2077.

Last edited:
dialogue & turn off the music but both are of such a consistent high quality in Witcher 3 that you'd be doing yourself a major disservice if you did
Strongly related:

Too bad they didn't deliver the promised Linux port and don't ever seem to fulfill this promise at all now.
They probably would have used the current Unreal engine if they really would have cared.

Witcher 3.. hardly touched when it first released as I had some game breaking performance issues with it, but after having recently upgraded my rig & with it's many patches since, it's now running like a dream (and looks beautiful) I'd now say it is unquestionably one of the greatest games I've ever played.. period! the attention to detail (in pretty much every aspect major, or insignificant) is simply staggering. It shines through that the game was a labor of love for those working on it and the respect for Andrzej Sapkowski's work also comes through loud and clear.. can't remember the last time I played a game (particularly a RPG) that I didn't skip the majority of the dialogue & turn off the music but both are of such a consistent high quality in Witcher 3 that you'd be doing yourself a major disservice if you did (the voice acting is stellar too!)
I simply can't think of anything negative to say about the game whatsoever (almost unheard of) & am eagerly awaiting any morsel of info on CD Projekt's next project.. Cyberpunk 2077

Did you know that cyberpunk is the title and 2077 is the release date...

pokemon_uranium.jpg

http://pokemon-uranium.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Back