What are you playing this weekend/these days?

I'm currently playing Xmen Children of the Atom on a Dingoo A380.

Street Fighter has always been a bit depressing since the SNES days because my boyfriend didn't like beating me up, even virtually. It made him hate himself quite a lot. So privately I played Killer Instinct against the AI and shared combo tips with people. Cyborgs and people made of flame is much more abstract and magical, like a fantasy book.

The Xmen game is similar. Capcom version of Killer Instinct? Extremely hard though since I can't get past the first enemy, Wolverine. But it feels like he's fighting me fairly rather than pretending to be rubbish and then doing cheap tricks. When I eventually beat him, if ever, it may feel rewarding. But barely a beatemup since i enjoy being Cyclops. Laser em up.

Lots of Simulators on GPD Win today:
I drove a trailer whit Gazoil (Diesel) from Frankfurt to Munich in the Euro Truck Simulator 1,
I played in Russian Mudd in Spintires,

And then I started Deponia, which isn’t a Truck Driving Simulator but a Point and Click Adventure,
You play as Rufus, a pretty chaotic tinkerer on a trash planet called Deponia,

He wants to escape to elysium, as he believes there is a better life, but that’s just the beginning of a pretty funny journey,

It’s a bit like Monkey island, but a bit diverent..
it’s from the same guys who made Edna and Harvey

The fun you can have with console commands (game is House Party 0.9.4).

frank.png

Bonus:

patrick.png

Playing God of War (PS4). It's the first "modern" game I've been addicted to for a long time.

Before then the most enjoyable recent game I've played was Fran Bow... Love the music and atmosphere of it.

Playing God of War (PS4). It's the first "modern" game I've been addicted to for a long time.

Before then the most enjoyable recent game I've played was Fran Bow... Love the music and atmosphere of it.

I always had difficulties enjoying this series due to the highly funneled linearity.

An example of something with more freedom is the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles brawler, which has a massive map of routes and slightly more similar to Skyrim. This game was laregly missed by people needing a high end PC when everyone had an Amiga. But something similar at least in spirit is Goldeneye64, which was amazing for having large non linear maps which often allowed you to think, strategise and experiment. Even the linear maps were a bundle of route strands.

Going back to the Amiga, there's stuff like Cannon Fodder. Or thematically similar to GOW is Settlers. Exactly how they managed to get such a sprawling medieval world going on with the hardware who knows. Impressive, and the pyschology of this can be attributed to project management... Pyra being a great example! Find resources, mine, forge, network, expand territory... occasional knight showdown. You can trace this all back to the 80's stock market and investment model. I guess it partially breaks in this modern era. You struggle to run a game of Settlers when the rules change. And of course it does have a social flaw, which may have been why society changed those rules: do you have to exterminate the other settlements and run them into the ground, or can you coexist? It's an interest work of philosphy for Amiga kids to ponder upon.

„Building Machine; the Simulator „ on Nintendo Switch
I’m like Simulator Games pretty much, but this Simulator is pretty far on the edge of awefullness,
The Drive Physiks are pretty spongebob like, random repairs of the Road seems to be worth more than the aktuall Building Missions (at the beginning of my career, maybe they get much profitable when I have better working machines..

And why do I control the Spoon of my excuvater whit Y and the DPAD??
I have 2 Analog Sticks, !!!
The Farming Simulator shows how you control a Hydraulic Arm whit the Analog Sticks, still whit Multiple Bindings where you paar Exempel hold one of the shoulder buttons to open a showel, but much more realistic than DPAD and Y..

I'm playing Dark Souls. It's a challenging and fun game. Definitely worth checking out if you have't played it yet!

I used to play Dark Souls but then they said they would FINALLY fix some of the bugs with the halfassed PC port that won't work without 3rd party patches but you would need to pay for the game again to get the bug fix so now I refuse to play any of the souls games.

I used to play Dark Souls but then they said they would FINALLY fix some of the bugs with the halfassed PC port that won't work without 3rd party patches but you would need to pay for the game again to get the bug fix so now I refuse to play any of the souls games.
Pirate the paid patch. In that case I think that is morally acceptable.

Diablo 3 - what a letdown.... I'm going to finish it just because I want to be able to criticize it entirely... it's like a smartphone game RPG, but BORING and without options !!! You level up and the EXP is automatically distributed for your class, and you can't specialize in nothing... if for example you create 2 mages, they will be always equals when at the same level, only the equipment will do some difference...

Also the cinematic are a let down too... if you liked Diablo 2, go away from this game and get Torchlight 1 or 2 instead !!

And just as a plus, if you want the necromancer, it is a 14€ DLC !! WTF !! :-#

There are four research stations situated relatively close together on Polaris Nest III in Starbound, so I thought I'd have a go at connecting them all together.

star.png

just acquired a Rasp Pi 2 so spent some of the weekend setting up retropie and some roms. works great with a F710 logitech controller....
and reinstalled Skyrim on my PC. can play with Ultra settings for the first time now i got a secondhand GTX970....

Diablo 3 - what a letdown.... I'm going to finish it just because I want to be able to criticize it entirely... it's like a smartphone game RPG, but BORING and without options !!! You level up and the EXP is automatically distributed for your class, and you can't specialize in nothing... if for example you create 2 mages, they will be always equals when at the same level, only the equipment will do some difference...

Also the cinematic are a let down too... if you liked Diablo 2, go away from this game and get Torchlight 1 or 2 instead !!

And just as a plus, if you want the necromancer, it is a 14€ DLC !! WTF !! :-#

Well I prefer Diablo 2, but I do occasionally play Diablo 3 with friends online. to note Paragon points kind of play a similar role as exp once you hit 70, but it's not traditional stats. You can have a bit of variety in builds depending on which skill runes you prefer, you could have two different mages that play completely differently.

Well I prefer Diablo 2, but I do occasionally play Diablo 3 with friends online. to note Paragon points kind of play a similar role as exp once you hit 70, but it's not traditional stats. You can have a bit of variety in builds depending on which skill runes you prefer, you could have two different mages that play completely differently.

Yeah, I've seen it, but as a single player experience those levels are not necessary... I finished the game without even dying once, I used a single health potion in the entire game, and just because I wanted to try it... even the follower never died...

What I liked about D1 and D2 was to be able to use new skills on higher levels, but those are just maxed out by default and I already have them all... continuing to play means to just use the same skills over and over again forever...

Also I found out there are still SETS to wear, but it's a LONG process to make every single accessory (find recipes... find all parts...), and also the way they made the listing of the things you can forge is really dumb... there's no way to find out if you can forge a full set without writing down (on paper) all the possible sets you see in every category... it's also difficult to understand even if the set could be useful for your class without first see what every component does...
What was wrong in D2 where you just found them randomly around ?

On another subject, I started playing the Startcraft 2 - Cooperative mode... and it's AWESOME !! At the beginning I was thinking it was just a normal multiplayer battle, but it's NOT !!
It's a completely different experience !! More RPG-like than the normal multiplayer.
In there you play in a way totally different with every commander !! For example with Dehaka, you can use it in first line in battle (or even alone), because it eats enemies and evolve (it grows like Godzilla size !!) and obtains even more superpowers !!
Only now I understand why they sells commanders

Back