What are you playing this weekend/these days?

I got the Switch version of Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist just two days ago. Already have over 15 hours put into it. Really addictive stuff. I like how they give you a different pre-built deck you can use for each and every campaign battle.

As someone who doesn't play the game IRL though, I am worried that when I make it to the later parts of the campaign, it will all get too complicated. My main evidence for this is the tutorial. They explained to me what Synchro, XYZ, and Pendulums are, but I still don't get it. Fortunately, none of that stuff is in the early campaign.

Reactions: rSl
I got the Switch version of Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist just two days ago. Already have over 15 hours put into it. Really addictive stuff. I like how they give you a different pre-built deck you can use for each and every campaign battle.
It's on my wish list, too. xD

Tbh right now I am playing Switch games to 99% of my time. Got a lot new ones in the cyber week and have most of them not even started yet. :(

In the moment I am playing Sonic Team Racing most of the times. Not as good as Mario Kart 8, but still a worthy second place. Still better than Crash Bandicoot Racing. Boi, this was a disappointment. :| Oh and I try to play Switch Fitness Boxing and Wii Fit at least three days a week and until now it's working well. :D Ring Fit Adventure is on my wish list but I am waiting for a good offer. :cool:

I hated giving EA money, but figured Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order was worth buying for my PS4, as it's actually a good stand alone single player game with no DLC and such. I've been struggling with one boss fight, but too stubborn to lower the difficulty setting... I'll get there eventually.

Also trying to finish Rise of the Tomb Raider ( second one in this recent trilogy ) as the third game just recently came out for native Linux.

Also trying to finish Rise of the Tomb Raider ( second one in this recent trilogy ) as the third game just recently came out for native Linux.

Did you liked the first one ?
I too now "have to" finish the trilogy, but more for curiosity than fun... seems to me a too much cinematic driven game, with repetitive actions to do, and an exaggerated quantity of enemies... also it doesn't seems to me a platform game anymore, just an exploration shooter.

Did you liked the first one ?
I too now "have to" finish the trilogy, but more for curiosity than fun... seems to me a too much cinematic driven game, with repetitive actions to do, and an exaggerated quantity of enemies... also it doesn't seems to me a platform game anymore, just an exploration shooter.
Yeah I liked the entirety of the series I've played so far, that said I know the game is a bit different than the original series, which may be why I got into these series of games vs the originals which honestly the clunky controls never did anything for me. It's been a while since I played the first one of the new series, but I still feel the game is a platformer, at least the second seems to be relying on heavy use of 3D platformer mechanics to progress the story. I feel I'm fighting the map and figuring out how to progress more often than having combats, but some of the combat scenarios end up being pretty good, so maybe they found their balance in the second game.

I tried playing Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (the SNES game) on my Pandora, and while it seems interesting story-wise, I have difficulty with the concept of "training" of the troops, which is done by having your troops fight each other. So you spend a lot of time having boring battles where you let your most powerful character get shot at repeatedly by characters with lower levels so that the latter get XP.

I've finished the first chapter of the game without having to train too much, but it now seems mandatory to do it as much as possible in order to be able to survive the battles. What makes it even more frustrating is that it's up to me to find the good balance between having no chance at all or having no challenge.

Yeah I liked the entirety of the series I've played so far, that said I know the game is a bit different than the original series, which may be why I got into these series of games vs the originals which honestly the clunky controls never did anything for me. It's been a while since I played the first one of the new series, but I still feel the game is a platformer, at least the second seems to be relying on heavy use of 3D platformer mechanics to progress the story. I feel I'm fighting the map and figuring out how to progress more often than having combats, but some of the combat scenarios end up being pretty good, so maybe they found their balance in the second game.

After your post I started playing the second game, and as you told, it is really more "TombRaiderish" than the first one :)
Mushrooms and stuff have actually a purpose in the game (not just as a collection), secret tombs are "a little more" hidden and contains ancient prizes (in the form of new unique skills), instead of bullets or EXP... puzzles are a little more complex, and I actually had a "deja-vu" feeling in one particular ruin where I had to raise the water to reach the top.
The absolute BEST thing I found is the improved STEALTH !! In the first one it was absolutely NOT useful, because there where obligatory combat scenes with an entire army against you, while in this one, there are less enemies, and most of the time you can really remove them one by one !!
Still cinematic sometimes are so long that my gamepad goes in standby... at least seems that in this game there isn't so often the need to suddenly press keys during those scenes.

Farcry 5 (XBOXONEX)
Fired the Game only up because i wantet to fly a bit around, and i wantet to check how many of the Instruments in the Planes work, , not all sadly, or i ditnt saw right.., only the Horizont and the other thing works.., not the Speedmeter, and not the thing that shows how hight you flight..

Im a little bit disapointed how easy it is to fly in this game, but maybe its because its not a Fly Simulator, more a Openworld Shooter..

The World looks pretty cool, a more Rural Part of the USA, and whitout the Religious Fanatics, it would be cool to make Vacations in Hope Country ..^^

Farming Sim 2019 (XBOX ONEX)
Tryed a Autostack Showel for Heyballs, and its cool, now Ballmacking makes fun because i only have to drive over the meadow whit my Loader.. , i only need to make my Farm out of Claas Xerion, cause they are cool..

I dotnt think its called this,
but if i think about it: It was a Plane whit the Symbol of Edens Gate, the Fanatiks, and they have Drugs,..

Like i said FC5 isnt a Flight Simulator, but its cool to fly over this map..

• Wow
I've been grinding Steam card drops lately in preparation for the winter sale, trying out various games. I went ahead and beat VVVVVV while getting its drops, because it's not a very long game anyway.

Time to beat VVVVVV: Just under two hours.
Number of deaths: Almost 800. :(

So infuriating! Stuck at level 10.11

chup1.gif

Last edited:
Played lots of Witcher 3 on Switch Lite over the Christmas, now I’m at the Point where you know who Ciri is, but I first want to make lots of Sidequest, to make this Game a lot longer..

The last days I Played : Spintires American Wilds on Switch Lite, a pretty good Off-road Truck Simulator, where you have Russian or American Trucks and try to deliver Wood trough pretty thought Muddy forest „roads“ , it’s got a nice mud physics engine, so you can stuck pretty easy..
It’s not the best graphics on Switch, but a quite impressive Game for a Handheld..
Im a bit sad there is no Unimog, but at least a Humwe (Hummer) ,
I made 2 Maps, the Island Map and the Map where you only have 2 light Trucks (Geländewagen) , (Pickup Truck) ,

I got Final Fantasy XII for Switch for myself on Thursday night since it was still half off. Already put over 20 hours into it. Just got done at Henne Mines and saved outside Fran's hometown.

I don't think I like the Zodiac system too much. I'm totally afraid I gave everyone the wrong jobs. Now that everyone has two jobs, I don't even know what all the assignments are off the top of my head.

Final Fantasy X and XII got pretty anoying Main Charakters, just my Opinion..
But they where pretty impressive at the Time they came out, ..

And i played some Witcher 3 yesterday, made some Tressure Hunting Quests in "Whiterun" or how the Start Envroirmend was called in English, and i did some questionmarks, but nothing special..

Final Fantasy X and XII got pretty anoying Main Charakters, just my Opinion..
I don't know what you're talking about. Balthier is an awesome leading man. ;)

Over 30 hours in now, just got done at Mt. Bur-Omisace, and now I plan to do some hunts before heading into Archadia.

Played a lot of Phoenix Wright on my Pandora while sick in bed. Currently on the third game, and still not bored. They find ways to add new twists and make every case interesting (well there are a few that are below average). I didn't expect I'd enjoy it that much.

I also got Wattam for Christmas. I've only played a few minutes but I was smiling the whole time. It's just so daft and adorable.

Sadly still playing WoW classic.... outside that on the Pandora with PFBA, I have been playing a bit of the NeoGeo arcade fighting games... mostly King of Fighters 98, The Last Blade 2...

Last edited:
Back