What are you playing this weekend/these days?

From what I've heard, the experience with the added content is quite different from the original experience. So I guess they want to offer both experiences.

I'm only at the beginning of XCOM - Enemy Within, but I have already a pretty clear idea of what differences it has from "Enemy Unknown", them are pretty visible... and really, they should have substituted the main game with this "update".

The short explanation is: added new kind of every stuff (aliens, missions, weapons), a LOT of new upgrades for soldiers.

- At the start of the game, everything is yellow instead of blue...
- Soldiers can speak in their native language (activable from the options menu)... I find this pretty cool
- Medals: (to unlock after missions) with customizable (and dynamic) bonuses, to be given to soldiers
- 2 or 3 mission types added (with a cinematic backstory)
- Some new mission terrains
- More gadjets for soldiers, like different new type of bombs with different purposes (poison bomb, flash bomb, etc...)
- New alien types
- New types of facilities

The most "game changing" thing is this:
- New "element-type" called "Meld" obtainable from almost every normal mission, it can be found in containers that explodes after some turns if not deactivated.
If you want to get that element, you can't anymore leave your soldiers in defensive positions, but you must send them running in the wild (most of the time uncovered) to stop the countdown of those containers in time...
It's up to you anyway if you want to risk soldiers to get that element, because it is always a secondary target.

The quantity in your possession is visibile in the main base interface.

This element can be researched and used for different type of things, like a vast amount of biologic upgrades to soldiers and new mechanical suits... etc...

EDIT:

After being for some time in Enemy Within, I have to confirm that, not only is WAY BETTER than the base game, but it makes me feel "almost" as with the original old game "UFO: Enemy Unknown"... so much more to research now, so much more info and backstory !!
(That doesn't mean anyway that "UFO: Enemy Unknown" could be substituted... it is still light years from all the others copycats around :cool:)

Last edited:
Finished Bloodstained. Great game! Potential new players who have some experience with this kind of game: play it on hard the first time around.
Let's see what more I can play with Microsoft game pass. It's just 1 € the first month and I'll make the most out of that :)
Edit: Oh they have Unavowed on there!
Edit: Finished Unavowed. Love the story and characters! It crashed a few times and there were two or three situations that left me stumped. But all in all a great experience. Now, what's next?

Last edited:
Startet whit Saints Row 4 Reelectet on Nintendo Switch Lite,
Was President of America, then atacket by an Alien and i am now in a Simulation of Steelport where i can work on my Super Powers ^^..
This Game is pretty fun, especlty when you allready have collected lots of Datacores, run pretty fast, jump pretty high..
And it worked pretty good on Switch, i dotnt think im now need a Real GTA on this Handheld..

• Haha
Reactions: rSl
Been playing Dragon Quest Builders 2, demo version, and found myself starting to get addicted. Ordered the full version (which I hope could be delivered).

It's such a nice, stress free distraction...

I'm over 24hrs into The Outer World. Love the design, characters, story, exploration and the humor. Up until now it's far too easy though, despite the "hard" setting. Didn't want to go with the notch above that,since it introduces survival mechanics like having to eat and drink. I hate it when games do that.

Edit: And finished it. The very last area in the game stepped up the difficulty quite a bit. Somewhat jarring, but a welcome challenge. At least those fights made me use the healing item. I haven't used the slowmo-ability at all. Maybe useful for a melee character?
I wish there were more diverse locations. A few weeks ago I wrote a few words for a background story set on a spaceship. The same thing happened on the ship you start the game on. And I thought I was being original. There's probably already a book or movie out there that did the same thing. Oh well. On to the next game!

Edit: Children of Morta
Edit: Not getting warm with it. Melee is hard, ranged character is super easy. The narrator is good but the regular exposure stopping me from getting back into the slaying is a bit annoying. Bastion at least let me play while it narrated.
Edit: Pillars of Eternity it is

Edit Still playing PoE. Great game. It just makes me sad that the German translation is terrible in places. There's a lot of mistakes in there. And the text formatting - white for character speech, and grey for narrator - is messed up in many of the dialogues. Why do translators have to work in bad conditions? This can ruin my enjoyment in a game, make me angry.

And I'm playing a bit of Gears of War 4 co-op with my cousin. There's a mechanic that allows for faster reloads when you perfectly time a button press. I'm sure one of the original English lines for a perfect success is "Got it!", and they mistranslated this as "Verstanden!", which means "Understood" in English. It's terrible to constantly hear you character shout something that makes absolutely no sense in this context, throughout all of this high profile AAA game.

Oh and finished Subsurface Circular, neat little story. Well polished.
And I've played half way through the Brigador campaign. It's getting boring fast.

Last edited:
Turrican 2 on winuae. A few days ago I got a nice competition pro usb joystick, so I can now 'properly' play Amiga games. It's still a great game, but ~20 years of not playing the game do show. Or short: I suck at it! :D Also I'm occasionally playing Bridge Builder Poly Bridge, which is really great. But some levels are quite difficult to beat.

Last edited:
Nice little Mario64 style game. Simple and easy... My son loves playing it. Unfortunately, there's a couple of bugs that make it really hard to control in a couple of places. Currently on sale too

I'm back on WoW (WotLK private server), along with my wife and a bunch of IRL friends who we played with back in the day. I'm "lucky" in that my work is still very much active and I can do everything from home, but it means that all my furloughed friends are blowing past me leveling half a dozen different toons while I'm working all day.

I've recently finished Call of Juarez: Gunslinger. Simple but fun western FPS, with all the staples of western stories, though maybe not enough indoor shootouts.
I like the way the story is told (you play the story as told by the protagonists years later, so it will sometimes slow down as the audience asks questions, or rewind to correct a mistake).
It's also interesting to see how, as many games recently, it struggles to reconcile the fact that the game is mostly about shooting hundreds of people and the fact that shooting people isn't actually a thing people should be doing.

I've also played a lot of Into The Breach (which recently got a Linux port, which might be perfect for box86 maybe even on Pandora). Great tactical puzzler

Also played a bit of Jalopy, a road trip in Lada in the Soviet Union. I've made it to the Hungarian border when all my tires flattened out. With only one repair kit in my trunk and no shop close by I wasn't able to get the car to climb the slight slope of a bridge and had to start over. It's an interesting game, but it seems to have a lot of bugs and issues.

And finally I've been trying some player-made stories for Shadowrun Returns. There are some really good ones, I've been quite impressed.

I've also played a lot of Into The Breach (which recently got a Linux port, which might be perfect for box86 maybe even on Pandora). Great tactical puzzler
Ah, it must be only on Steam (and mybe GoG), but the DRM Free version on HumbleBundle is still the old version, windows only.
I'll give it a try on steam on the Pi (if it's not an x86_64 only release).

*EDIT* I tried, and it's only x86_64 binary :(

Last edited:
Does someone have an idea about when Doom Eternal price may drop, based on average timings ?

picked up breath of the wild on a sale. i was so excited to keep pumping up my stamina to ridiculous levels.
stamina-overflowing-with-vigor.png

I just played "Streets of Rage 2"... and then read the game manual :confused: ... the actual printed paper manual... that gave me emotions :cool:

It's way more than two decades since I actually read a printed manual for a game... those things were magic :happy:

Just Cause 4 (already complete the story, takes much out of motivation to play it).
Two Point Hospital, I still played Theme Hospital on the Pandora and PC in 2019 and got this game but only now had time and disk space to play it.
Building some small games at the moment, just for fun.

Two Point Hospital, I still played Theme Hospital on the Pandora and PC in 2019 and got this game but only now had time and disk space to play it.

So, who's the winner between those two ?
It's difficult for me to find recent "light managerial" games that beats the old ones that started all :$
Theme Hospital had that repetitive music that can't leave my brain, even if it's years since I last played it... and those strange diseases... and those funny cinematic... simple things that gave that game a soul, an identity...
For now I found Megaquarium pretty cool, but only for the fact that it is the only one of its kind... I hope anyway to see one day a better graphic and more fish movements, because the tanks deserve that, since you have also a first person view there.

So, who's the winner between those two ?
It's difficult for me to find recent "light managerial" games that beats the old ones that started all :$
Theme Hospital had that repetitive music that can't leave my brain, even if it's years since I last played it... and those strange diseases... and those funny cinematic... simple things that gave that game a soul, an identity...
Summary: I would regard them equally I guess, so that's a good achievement by the new one. So playing the original on the Pandora will still be great.

I only played the first hospital in the game, but I stopped late in the night so I must have enjoyed playing it a bit to much. It really plays like the original, but I noticed:
* Music is now a radio with light music and talking and it doesn't play the catchy music like the original
* Some stuff like radiators is gone
* The added unlocks, which makes it feel a bit like a mobile game, but it's okay-ish (there's no option to buy coins or anything I think)
I always switched to the new hospital in the original, with this one you can play new and previous and still collect money / unlock-points, which is something I can't remember doing in the original.
After a while I was a bit annoyed by the guy giving tips, as he constantly gives them. Also if you finish a year you get an award 'show', there is a button to skip the individual presentation which I started using after a few announcements.

Back