What Case (bag) Can I Use To Carry My Gp32?

I was after an official bag for ages but found a small multipurpose bag in the UK Maplins chain of shops. It was about £2 and it's not designed for GP32, but is the right sort of size and offers some protection while I wait to find an official one. Snap them up before they're gone if your still looking!

®

Use to use the official one but found it was a little 'bulkly' and ended usinga mini disc draw string bag

I've been looking for a GB Advance case but couldn't find a nice one. On the off chance I tried my camera bag as I really wanted to take my gp to work, and I was surprised to find it is a good fit. It's not too loose so it won't be rolling around.

I believe it's this bag available at Argos: Kodak Twin Pouch
It's not very slimline so you can't put it in your pocket but it has a very handy front pocket which comfortably holds my SMC case, a pair of spare batteries and my earphones. I'm sure I could fit in some extra SMC's and/or batteries if I wanted to.
I took a couple of pics to give you an idea of size:

BagContents.jpg

FrontPocket.jpg

I love the Pikachu bag. That's the Game Boy bag isn't it? You won't need to be frightened of your gp getting knocked with it in that tubby little guy. ;)

Jarska333 posted on Dec 13 2004 at 05:45 PM said:
Hey, you still have those batteries that came with GP? Those Korean ones? They're not rechargeable or anything, are they?
No, I just used those in the picture to give everyone an idea on how much you can fit in the second pocket. My spare batteries were in the camera so I just grabbed them instead to put in the picture. They actually ran out on the first day I'm just lazy and haven't thrown them away yet. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a page on charging regular batteries. This guy made a special low-voltage
charger. He was able to charge 1.5v alkalines to almost 2v. It worked for 3 discharge/recharge cycles, then it leaked acid...

Argos (a uk catalogue shop) used to sell chargers for nomal (not sure exactly what type) batteries for around £50. It was claimed in the items description that they could charge normal batteries between 200-500 times. It was in their catalogue for about 4 months (i never brought one, Cause of the price) then it mysteriously disappeared never to be seen again. :blink:

EDIT: Bloody spelling again.

Trooper

I snagged the entware bag when I ordered my gp32 flu a year ago.
I really don't know what the differences are between the entware bag and the official bag (except "GP32" is yellow instead of blue on the front)
There's a front padded sleeve thingy that zips up that you put the gp32 into, button side first. ;)
On the back is another zipper which reveals a compartment hold stuff (I chose to put the gp32 manual in it. :D), and a mesh sleeve on the part that folds out (I use it to hold batteries).

Oh, and it has www.entware.co.kr printed on the inside of the back compartment. Gee, I don't know what it means, it's a secret message or something. o_O

The site is in Korean, and I couldn't find a shop because of my English-speaking tongue cannot decode the squares circles and lines. ;)

The english version of the site is www.entware.com. They sell commercial GP games which you can download from them after you pay (some are really cheap
like $8 US).

I know about 10 years ago there was an alkaline recharger made by Buddy L (I think, that's the lettering that was on it!) Anyways, my parents bought it for about $20, and it worked rather well! We had it for awhile, and I know I reused some batteries for over 5 years. They didn't charge up all that fast, but it could charge up AAA, AA, C, or D batteries. I'd love to have that ol' gadget now...

Well, I just got a Nuby travel tote off ebay for $10. It's got a strap to hold the GP in a front pocket, as well as a few straps to hold GBA games, but could probably hold some smc's in cases as well. It also has a larger pack behind that which could easily hold all accessories, like the USB cable and some batteries, and even a small charger. Not too bad, I don't think :)

catmince posted on Dec 23 2004 at 03:36 AM said:
Charging Alkalines isn't exactly safe :D you can buy Special rechargeable Alkalines though.

At a note of anyone's interest, alkalines and rechargable alkalines do not differ greaty.

You can recharge a regular alkaline, but it WILL explode, which is very dangerous. Two excellent reasons why not to do that. :)

The reason the battery explodes is because by sending a voltage to the battery (instead of extracting voltage from the battery, which is normal use) causes the acid inside to release a gas. The gas builds up and the battery explodes all over the place.

A rechargeable battery differs because it has tiny vents in the casing which allows the gas to vent, preventing a dangerous explosion.

Horray for useless knowledge!! :D

Anyway, knowing the easily-scratched property of the screen plastic, I only feel safe with a carrying case (bag rather) that has a padded inside, like the official gp32 bag. :p I don't have that one so I settled for an identical(??) third party bag made by Entware. It's a tight fit at first, but it stretches out after a while to a better fit. :)

I just use the Pocket Gameboy / Gameboy Colour bag.. Fits nicely and has this strange foam block that was in it (Looks like its there to protect the screen) also, my SMC cards fit in the slots where the gameboy games used to go.

Blah posted on Dec 24 2004 at 12:22 AM said:
Wouldn't it be possible then to put vents in the casing of the battery yourself
and have that work?

That'd make the acid leak out. Actually, I don't know where the vents are on the battery, but I 100% know they are there.

I once opened up the cheapest AA I've ever seen. It had been re-wrapped with another label, and it was kind of bulging.

It looked like some old battery out of a
dump, recharged and re-labeled and sold inside "batteries are included" thingys to unsuspecting people.

Under the many layers of labels, it was rusty and inside the metal undercasing, there was little sections made out of plastic or metal (cant remember), filled with this stuff that was black and thick and looked like really old used motor oil.

Back