What could we hope to emulate?

Kian

Still Fresh
Since the 6th regeneration requires some pretty mid/top range PC's (3.5 ghtz even for some PS2 games!) to emulate smoothly, what could the Pyra really hope to acheive beyond that which its former did? The only consoles I can think of would prehaps be Dremcast (I know the Panda can already cope well with some games, but prehaps not so well with others?), and the Gamecube with Dolphin. Maybe a few handheld games could run allot better (3D emulation of the DS is pretty slow even on my 1ghtz), but other than that?

I don't have much knoweldge of how these things play out, so could someone maybe tell me? I know there's not allot of details about the Pyra, but their must be some ultimate goal/milestone in mind?

Well I said it before,  as much as some of the hopeful people on this board wish it.. PS2 will not be able to be emulated at any playable speeds on ANY mobile devices for a while.. 

Seeing how well my smartphone even bogged down with Android can handle Reicast and how the beta code of the Pandora version after Ptitseb's Dynarec optimizations, It should be safe to say the Pyra will be able to handle Dreamcast well.. 

Gamecube is a tricky system from what I've been told, but I've been seeing a lot of effort put into emulators as of late.. so who knows..

I guess I'm not playing the same 3D games as you, but my 1Ghz powers through anything I throw at it.. I stick to mostly Mario and Zelda games.. I don't do that Pokemon thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hoping (however I have no basis to suggest this is true) that we will finally get playable Saturn emulation. Also, I'm looking forward to better Dreamcast, N64, DS, and PSP emulation. I'm also hoping that Notaz will update GINGE to work on the new device. :)

-God Ginrai

Since the 6th regeneration requires some pretty mid/top range PC's (3.5 ghtz)
Looks like it'll be quite a while before we can get Sylvester McCoy running on our handhelds. :(
"My lovely horse I want to hold you so tight", love that Father ted! :D Can't say I get the Sylvester McCoy reference though, I know he's the 7th Doctor and all but...

Anyway thanks for the reponses everyone! I forgot about the Saturn. I didn't personally think it had many memorable releases, but that's just me. Had a nice version of SimCity 2000 on it though.

What about 3DS and PS Vita?

3DS isn't that powerful.

The VM abilities should improve big time, anything win95 smooth running, and perhaps some win 98 stuff, at least thats what i hope.

When it comes to emulation, a big improvement on n64, dreamcast, psp, ds and 3d mame games come to mind.

vita and 3ds is out of the question if you ask me, gamecube would be a stretch, but i think it could be near playable, considerinng how far we got with dreamcast, ds and psp on the original pandora.

^ Make 3DS emulator your Master thesis to try to get into NPGSE (Nintendo Post-Graduate School of Emulation)   :)

How about a joke?

You need to punch yourselves in the face in front of Pyra's webcam every 10 minutes when you run 3ds emulations on it to simulate the constant headache. 

I would like to know the feasibility of running old IOS apps on Pyra, since many of those had never been ported to android or linux. (is it even possible? I've never heard of such a thing.) No need to get all jumpy, It's not like there are anything truly magnificent to begin with. 

Btw, nevertheless, pyra's already good enough for most of my unreasonable needs. (Running old windows games, DC, N64, It has everything that I've ever dreamed of)

How about: "a decent GNU/Linux laptop from a few years ago"? It's not really emulation, but that's about the power I expect from the Pyra.

In terms of emulating game consoles, I think the main improvement compared to the Pandora will be the larger screen with more upscaling possibilities, hopefully improved nubs and extra shoulder buttons, and all that while consuming less power.

Do somewhone remember, in the old days of the pandora development, no one tought that whe will get a DS or N64 Emu

And now whe have DS, N64, PSP, and Dreamcast on the Pandora 1

So no one can know yet what the Pyra can emulate..

I hope for dreamcast, DS and Sega Saturn to be much faster

But i think, Pyra whill get more Ports

I hope for Openmorrowind, and Rigs of Rods

what could the Pyra really hope to acheive beyond that which its former did?
This is impossible to say with any degree of confidence without knowing the chosen SOC / specification for Pyra.

Since the 6th regeneration requires some pretty mid/top range PC's (3.5 ghtz)
Looks like it'll be quite a while before we can get Sylvester McCoy running on our handhelds. :(
he's the 7th Doctor
Which makes him the 6th regeneration, though having said that he could now be the 8th Doctor because of John Hurt turning up and shifting things about.
Think of all the textual references that need to be changed now!

I would never understand why whe need that many doktor who..

But mybe the answer gives us the name of the serie: doktor who??

Hopefully the Pyra whill get screwd together whit the sonic screwdriver (thats one of the only things i knew from doctor who)

Think of all the textual references that need to be changed now!
marlon_brando_gallery_2.jpg

I would like to know the feasibility of running old IOS apps on Pyra, since many of those had never been ported to android or linux. (is it even possible? I've never heard of such a thing.) No need to get all jumpy, It's not like there are anything truly magnificent to begin with

The only thing that is truly magnificient to begin with in IOS app store is "Scratch off Truth or Dare".  :lol:  

Rome Total War?

(Using Quemu and Wine)

System requirements:

System Requirements

Minimum System Requirements

Processor:

1GHz Pentium III or equivalent

RAM:

256MB

Video Memory:

64MB

Hard Drive Space:

2.9GB

Operating System:

Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP

DirectX Version:

9.0b

Recommended System Requirements

Processor:

2GHz Pentium IV or equivalent

RAM:

512MB

Video Memory:

128MB

Hard Drive Space:

3.4GB

I wouldn't stop playing this game if possible on a handheld.

Back