What dit you use your Pandora/Pyra today/the last few days

As the Pyra is now in my Pocket, i think i could report what i dit during the last week,
- I settup my Basics, Libre Office, Thunderbirth, Firefox, Cups and Audacious, and the Gnome Games,
- I used it to try out a way, to make a "Copy" Note on a PDF which was a order from my Colleque, and whit a small DLC for the Libre Office, it worked quite good.. "Import PDF"..
- I also used it to put some Data on the "OMV", which is the Webbased Beekeeper Club Database,
worked, but was maybe a bit small..
- Also used to put some Youtube Links on Pyra Videos in the Boards, allthough the Pyra itself is still not optimaced enough to play these, but you can allready open Youtube..
- I also used it to surf a bit the Internet, write in the Boards, and other Sites,
- And i testet allready a bit of Gaming, Drastic Runs maybe a bit slow, but good enough for some Card Games in 42 Alltime Classics
- And the Gnome Games, which are Basically the same, but a lot faster because you dont have to emulate the DS..

Also i made some Test Videos, a PDF Open Race between Pandora and Pyra, and other stuff..

Oh and on Sunday i had to Reflash because i screwed up the File System, but now its back to normal..

No, aktually no Liam Hemthswood included, EvilDragon also got long Hair, but he was also nowhere in the Karton.., maybe i should look under the bubblewrap??

EDIT: Chris Hemsworth, seems like i will trow the anger of thor to me because i used the wrong name^^

Last edited:
My Nokia N73 also had voice recognition. So you add a telephone entry with a name. Then you can let the phone say that name. This is how you should pronounce it when calling (very monotone with word inflection given by the Nokia speech synth, you could not stray at all from that pronunciation or it would fail to dial that number).
My camera's now have face recognition and can add the people's name in the exif data when the picture is taken. Pretty neat.

Ah, my Pandora is used as a bedside story teller (usually mp3's, but sometimes I fire up festvox to read me aloud, although it takes getting used to that voice). It also contains my keepass, just in case I need it.

Last edited:
I think I finished my last game in Pandora. Vandal Hearts 2 if you are wondering.

My Pyra will be in the next batch (next week maybe?) and since I don't know which emulators/games work well in Pyra at this point, I think I will wait for it before starting a new game.

Therefor on its last days Pandora will be the device I use to watch series while on bed and not much more.

I think I finished my last game in Pandora. Vandal Hearts 2 if you are wondering.

My Pyra will be in the next batch (next week maybe?) and since I don't know which emulators/games work well in Pyra at this point, I think I will wait for it before starting a new game.

Therefor on its last days Pandora will be the device I use to watch series while on bed and not much more.
I hope to be in the next batch too...

So the dutch train system is fubared when there is a bit of snow, so I took my 6 hour travel (which normally lasts less then 2 hours) to finish a colin mcrea championship :D on PCSX rearmed on my pandora thrilled that it is also available on the pyra.
I wonder if the pyra also can manage to still have more than half of its battery :eek: after that.

You can just put your savestates and savegames from the Pandora Port to the Pyra Port ..

The last time I used my Pyra to Film a bit N64 and PlayStation Gameplay..
And to post the Video in the Pyra Forum./

I have been using my Pandora to play Mame4All (mainly Capcom arcades). Also tried without success to configure a Bluetooth headset.

About the Pyra, I still do not use it too much, I am waiting until OS support matures a bit.

Today, i used the Pyra to make a Invoice for my Dads Beekeeping,
worked quite good whit my small Pocket Mouse
allthoug for bigger text, maybe a USB Keyboard might be a bit more confortable
later i will make maybe a new video whit pcsx rearmed in maxed out window mode and the billard game @ptitSeb suggested

7ea2e6127a9837a470ff48ae57e77e5d.jpg

The last couple of days I've used the Pyra to slice and 3D print components of the MPCNC Primo. Maybe one day I'll be able to mill case parts for the pyra from aluminium, but that will be at least 6 months off.
* MPCNC = Mostly Printed CNC
20210408_195542.jpg

I'm using PrusaSlicer-2.3.0 compiled for armhf. This works but has a couple of problems:
1) The window cannot be smaller than 1350 x 1020px and so I have to do some <Alt>+mouse drag to get to the slice button
2) The 3D gfx are a bit slow but still functional (mesa not gl4es). Although this is OpenGL2, there's something funny with the EGL initialization stopping gl4es working. It compiles fine on the Pyra so I'm interested to try to figure it out.

As our Workpc are getting SSDs because they are otherwise too slow (dam windows 10) I used my Pyra to open our counter Exel document in Libre Office, worked good, although it was not that comfortable on this small screen then on the big computer whit 2 screens ^^

Reactions: rSl
Back