What Do You See?

So the TV show was lying to me? What can you still believe in, when not in what the TV says? I bet she's not even a psychologist in RL.

"one cannot comprehend written text in dreams"
From my experience, you can read text but it takes a lot of effort to read each word, one mostly "feels" what is written. I've opened up books and manuscipts and read inventions and potions. But if you read the same page again, it says something different.
For example: One of my dreamhouses has teleports, and the labels on the doors keep changing, even inside one single dream.
From dream experiments I did: I had a poster, that shifted after the 4rd time looking away and back. Touching it felt normal, but it did not sound real.
In dream conversations: Eye color, hair color of people I talk to change mid-conversation. It's hard to keep the dream consistent. Only if I focus hard on something small, suddenly there is more detail in it.
What's terrible is making your homework in a dream, then in daytime, notice that you did not make it... and have to do it again.

I did not manage to take written words back to the real world. But I did for a strophe of a song. There was this singer-song writer with a guitar that sung: "Goodbye to the people we hello. Hello to the people on the other side. And peace in the world tonight.". I woke up after the song ended with those words, I think from the gutfeeling of the meaning of those words. Still have the melody and those words in my head.

I remember reading a book about "The big dreamer". A being that sustained our reality by dreaming and focussing on it's existence.

I rarely wake during dreams. Interesting, what you say about pages. In the TV show Evil, the lead woman being a psychologist plagued by nightmares uses a written note at the ceiling over her bed to recogniye being in a dream, since "one cannot comprehend written text in dreams". So, you'd say, that's wrong?

In my experience you can "know" what the text means, though it's not clear if you actually read the letters or if you see the text and automatically know what's written there. I remember a dream where I was trying to actually read something and it was very difficult, a bit like trying to read a small text while drunk.

Hmm I had an fluctuating apple that kept going from granny smith to more jonagold like and back
Post automatically merged:

In my experience you can "know" what the text means, though it's not clear if you actually read the letters or if you see the text and automatically know what's written there. I remember a dream where I was trying to actually read something and it was very difficult, a bit like trying to read a small text while drunk.

There is a anekdote from a person who head the connection between left and right brain severed. When he covered one eye and looked at a naked woman he could describe her in detail. But when he looked at her with the other eye he had "erotic feelings".... Same could happen with text... (if you are arroused by tekst ;) )

Back