Ipad: What Do People Here Think Of It?

I'm getting like 400kbps-900kbps down and 14-40 kbps up over AT&T 3G. This is when the bar signal indicator is full. <_<

Sony, I'd like to visit your house because in my head it's wall to wall electronics since you're always saying you have, are going to get, or thinking of getting everything that comes out.

I tested my Ipad at the gym around 4 am, the speed was 2500 kbps down and 250 kbps up, pretty impressive. I was able to watch HD video using ABC app. Not YouTube however, because I found out AT&T intentionally downgrade the video to 56Kbps quality. I hope AT&T won't do it to the upcoming Hulu app. Still trying to find a fix for the youtube hd 3g problem.

you jailbreak your ipad? I did mine last night. The fun begins ;)

Backgrounder works, but multifl0w kinda works, it functions but looks kinda jacked up. I talked to the dev that makes it, said he's working on making it ipad capable. Will look sweet as hell once it's finished.

cydia/rock both work, and are working on getting a ipad channel setup for ipad only hacks/mods

No iphone. Never experience jailbreak. I'm gonna wait until there is a fix ipad app to the youtube problem before attempting jailbreaking. Do you have the 3G version or Wifi version?

rsuryase said:
No iphone. Never experience jailbreak. I'm gonna wait until there is a fix ipad app to the youtube problem before attempting jailbreaking. Do you have the 3G version or Wifi version?
it's safe and reversible, ipad is very unbrickable, you can always restore via itunes to go back to stock.

just make sure you don't upgrade the firmware to anything above 3.2 at the moment.

I have the wifi version, but the userland spirit jailbreak has been confirmed to work on both the wifi and 3g models.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to http://www.youtube.com/user/alexosh1234

I just jailbreak mine and download 3g unrestrictor. I didn't know it'll work for the Ipad as well. I'll try tomorrow at the gym and see if youtube HD works.

Yes, it works. I can watch Youtube HD over 3G now. Just make sure your 3G speed is fast enough, mine was 2000 kbps down.

Uh, it's a few weeks old, I don't know when threads 'die' on this forum sorry, but..
HMmmmMMMm....
Since you asked...

...and I'll try keep it clean as is possible:

The iPad in my opinion, just another chip off the old block of crap that is Apple Computer Ltd. More 'consumer market' crap, gimmicky crap to impress old/young/simple people. Really, it's CRAP. I really just don't get why anybody would waste their money on such crap. Tbh I hope the pandora doesn't get huge media attention because i don't WANT a whole lot a sad luser nerds going 'Omg pandora'...What I do want is for it to stay the console that was DIFFERENT. That's why I want a pandora. Because it's not the lame overdone crap that everyone ELSE is using. I do however want the OP team to make a profit and get rich so us people who give a crap and aren't just sad lusers can enjoy a pandora 2 (and so they can enjoy a peaceful life, yeah...) :D .

I could whine MUCH longer, but i'll hold my tongue. Uh...Pandora ftw? :rolleyes: :pandora2ut4:

I'm typing this from Kubuntu 10.04 64bit w/ lubuntu-desktop, in case you want to know from which community on the intertubes i'm from. I'd use Arch/Debian/Gentoo if it weren't for the Ubuntu package repos being so well maintained, and apt being so easy to use. Debian is a considerable alternative, and I trust it is a lot neater than even the Ubuntu repos, but I just don't wanna risk that it's not >.< . the other great thing about ubuntu is that there is a huge userbase and the forums. while I could jump on linuxquestions.org or some other site and ask about debian, and quite promptly get an answer, since there is such a large userbase on ubuntu, I haven't ever needed to post. Of course there's things like ZynAddSubFX stalling the box but apparently using zero CPU that doesn't really come up often and that's what I fear most about Debian. And i'm going WAAAY off topic. I look forward to helping with the Pandora/aangstroem(should I forget that the letters are umlauted/have the circle thing above them?).

Oh yeah. i like the word 'crap'. Rolls off the tongue. Just like the swear that means the same thing as it. Yeah.

Quite frankly, I wouldn't mind if the Pandora got a lot of attention, seeing as it would be good for open technology. I'd much rather have loser nerds (i.e. dorks) learning about an open product than the alternative...

I suppose it would be good, if the world worked as it should.

But look at Android. I hate its community about as much as I hate the i-Community. Of course, it's just my opinion, think what you like :D.

Back