What Engine Did Star Trek 25th Anniversary Use?

It was the Warp Core, a sort of matter/anti-matter reactor, regulated by Dilithium Crystals .... but what does this have to do with the GP2X?

In all seriousness, Star Trek 25th Anniversary appears on 3 systems;

-NES (very well emulated)

-DOS (don't count on it)

-Amiga (a work in progress, try it yourself)

I hope that answers your question.

naples, the NES version (while still a good game), isnt the same as the PC version. I cant comment on the Amiga version, but the DOS one was really great. I loved that game. At the time i played it I wasnt even a Star Trek fan, but it was still an excellent experience from beginning to end.

grahf posted on Oct 25 2006 at 10:02 PM said:
naples, the NES version (while still a good game), isnt the same as the PC version. I cant comment on the Amiga version, but the DOS one was really great. I loved that game. At the time i played it I wasnt even a Star Trek fan, but it was still an excellent experience from beginning to end.

I agree, the DOS version was quite a good game. Excellent graphics for the time (they still look good) and intriguing plot lines made this a classic for me. I don't know much about the engine, though; I did a quick Google search and didn't find any ports, although I'm almost certain I would have heard of one by now. Here's hoping, though!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my useless post: The NES and PC version were awesome, even for non star trek fans such as myself. But as the other guy said, the DOS version would need to run on DOSbox and that won't be very playable at all.

As per the engine.... well... no source code, no engine rebuild =(

subcon959 posted on Oct 26 2006 at 02:23 AM said:
You might have better luck trying to emulate the flux capacitor from back to the future.
One day when I came home, at lunch time, I heard a funny noise?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back