Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, a random stranger

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

generalnmx

Playful/Fascist Mod
Website
www.matts-hosting.com
It's time for another, "Wht ur furmwarez?!" topic!

I've been thinking seriously about flashing the newest version of Aquafish's MultiFirmware. I've had no qualms about the look and feel of my GP32 up until now, but now that I mainly use it for development, MultiFirmware is looking better and better.

I am also still using the default but I am tempted to flash the European firmware as that looks like the easiest one to do. As far as I am aware, the only thing it can't launch on it's own is GP Pang, which you still need to use Free Launcher for.

Can anyone confirm that the European firmware works fine with software purchased from Entware (GP Cinema, Pinball Dreams)?

I have a terrible record of breaking electronic things and I am reasonably sure that if I tried to flash the multi-firmware, it would somehow go wrong for me.

yup, pb dreams and other entware products work with the euro firmware ( at least on my gp :p )

got Aquafish's 2.1 version on mine, love it so far, has European firmware which is really cool btw, along with being able to put stuff in so it boots straight to it is a cool option too.

im using multifw2 since i experience problems with aquafish´s Multifirmware (my PC doesnt recognize my GP32 anymore)

im using multifw2 since i experience problems with aquafish´s Multifirmware (my PC doesnt recognize my GP32 anymore)
i have that problem too, but if you turn your GP off, then turn it on while holding select, it will recognize it, seems that if you don't hold select while turning on the GP, Aquafishs firmware only recognizes the GP to computer connection every so often.

Last edited by a moderator:
it only recognizes it under european fw :)

pc-link and pacroms pc-link do reset when trying to get a connection....

and yes, im using aquafishs new fw :D
it rocks :ph34r:

Need help...

You know the .bin file..what firmware does it have.. pac rom and euro and windups right..?

And you knewo the back ground bmp.. where and which directory do you store that..?

LSATLY you know the option of making several other boots.. i.e snes 9x etc.. where do you intsall the ini file for that...?

I know how to create the inii file with aquas gp boot config thing.. but where do i put it in.. cos i gonna flash.. like spivs 2 but dont like old gp bios.. want euro as it does not need launcher..!

Thanks for info..!

standard bios
if it aint bust dont fix it.
But if its shit, replace it with something better :).
i dont get it? flash with the european and you lose mp3
flash with another and Castaway doesnt work
flash with another and transfering files larger than 256KB dont work
flash bad and have a dead gp32

The bios gets me into the file launcher i play games and emus, i dont play with the bios- the bios screen is used for about 5 seconds whereas the game i play at least a good hour at a time.

what are the pros what am i missing out on?

Need help...

You know the .bin file..what firmware does it have.. pac rom and euro and windups right..?

And you knewo the back ground bmp.. where and which directory do you store that..?

LSATLY you know the option of making several other boots.. i.e snes 9x etc.. where do you intsall the ini file for that...?

I know how to create the inii file with aquas gp boot config thing.. but where do i put it in.. cos i gonna flash.. like spivs 2 but dont like old gp bios.. want euro as it does not need launcher..!

Thanks for info..!
all files go in the GP:\ root directory. .bin name has to be fw.bin when you make the .ini file, save it to your computer, then xfer it to the gp putting it in your GP:\ root directory.

- So you download the newer -and better- mp3 player
- ??? (not questioning you, just didn't know about this)
- Is fixed already, and you could always use a different pc-link
- Don't flash bad ;) It's really not that spooky, never flashed any hardware on your pc either?

The biggest pro's to me are: I don't have to start up freelauncher before I can play anything, I can make my GP 'desktop' look the way I want it to and my GP boots into the firmware or even software I want depending on what SMC I use :)

standard bios
if it aint bust dont fix it.
But if its shit, replace it with something better :).

The bios gets me into the file launcher i play games and emus, i dont play with the bios- the bios screen is used for about 5 seconds whereas the game i play at least a good hour at a time.

what are the pros what am i missing out on?
well to advoid all thoes problems, other than the newest Aquafish mfw is use Mr.Spiv's mfw, because it has been proven to be 100% safe

I personally will not goto Aquafish's FW till i feel like it/know it won't complicate my GP32, for now i am just staying with Mr.Spivs, it has the old official FW instead of Euro one, but i do not use MP3 player anyway*the newer one is better too*

oh yeah, use fresh batteries to safeguard against bad flash

Back