What Happens If My Pandora Breaks?

Shock-Socks

Still Fresh
ok, so i know about the like 1 year warranty that will replace a defective pandora, but what if i accidentally break the screen or something, how do i get repairs?

I think OP intends to sell replacement parts like the screen and board eventually and let people go at it themselves, or you can have a friend go at it.

My option would be to commit ritual suicide.
Or to set it up as a headless web server permanently.

Most companies normally replace defective parts as you said and then if you damage it yourself they will replace the damaged part for a price. Don't know if this is the case with the OpenPandora team but it would seem like the best way to do it. That's assuming they have spare parts leftover when everything is said and done.

We plan to sell spares of all parts, inc the case, hinges, lcd screens, buttons, keymats, nubs, lcd cables, everything.

craigix said:
We plan to sell spares of all parts, inc the case, hinges, lcd screens, buttons, keymats, nubs, lcd cables, everything.

awesome! do you think you could give me a quick run down of what the different prices are for the different parts? thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
There isn't anything priced yet, but it will be similar to parts for other machines.

alright thanks

DroneB Dev said:
i want a spare case for modding and painting

i can understand modding, but painting?!? why would you want to do that, the pandora is already so beautiful as it is. just my opinion i guess

wath all the stuff asmo has showed up n u will understand

craigix said:
Hmm, maybe I should order some parts and build mine from the ground up :lol:

Shock-Socks said:
DroneB Dev said:

i can understand modding, but painting?!? why would you want to do that, the pandora is already so beautiful as it is. just my opinion i guess
'less I missed it, there have been no photos of the official case plastic's color yet. I might paint and mod a spare case of my own sometime, too. ;)

Shock-Socks said:
DroneB Dev said:

I'm gonna paint it white, just like my xbox, i love white color, black is 90's xD

craigix said:
There isn't anything priced yet, but it will be similar to parts for other machines.

you should think to massively increase the lcd price, or you'll get serious legal problem once lot of people start to add a second screen to their pandora :p

Why not let them do that? I can think of a lot of one screened-clamshell devices... And we could win the impending lawsuit :p

On a side note, Nintendo is vicious with regard to third-party emulation it seems...

I wish I had modding skills, I'd add a screen in/on the back of the lid so as to make drawing and surfing easier. As it is I would be too afraid to even try adding the extra shoulder buttons! lol

Edit: I know for some of you that sounds stupid, but I have carpal tunnel in both hands and they shake a lot, it even causes me trouble when I simply play games, but I plan on never stopping!

Elwing said:
you should think to massively increase the lcd price, or you'll get serious legal problem once lot of people start to add a second screen to their pandora :p

To be fair, Craig said the prices will be similar to spares for other devices; that insinuates quite high prices to begin with! (Not that there is anything wrong with that)

Ah we won't rape you on the prices, but they will be there for us to gain some cash back on the huge investment we have all made. You get the Pandora under cost price, we get profit in the spares :)

craigix said:
Ah we won't rape you on the prices, but they will be there for us to gain some cash back on the huge investment we have all made. You get the Pandora under cost price, we get profit in the spares :)
inb4 "Pandora designed to break" conspiracy.
Because I have no faith in humanity sometimes.

craigix said:

I have no idea why some don't understand: cost, time, manufacturing, cost, delivery, cost, investment, cost. And the whole thing of price vs' availability.

If it costs 10 dollars to make, they want it sold at $10.1, even though there is no income there, they want it that way, even if it farks you.

Some people need to take some economic classes.

Edit: to be frank and surly.

Edit2: Confirmed BackAssward is the Surly mascot of Duff Gardens, er Pandora Forums. We also have an arse too (not you, he knows who he is). Try the Cotton Candy.

Back