What have you bought recently?

A GBA whit Backlight and some other Options??
This seems like to be quite interesting,
129 € whit every extra Is maybe a bit expensive, but if this mods are good, I think I should look at it as long I can order from UK bevor the Brexit is done..

Edit: ok 180 € , 130 pounts,

But hey this Green Transparent GBA whit Backlight, Better Audio and responsive Buttons was quite appearing..
thanks for the link :)

Last edited:
A GBA whit Backlight and some other Options??
This seems like to be quite interesting,
129 € whit every extra Is maybe a bit expensive, but if this mods are good, I think I should look at it as long I can order from UK bevor the Brexit is done..

Edit: ok 180 € , 130 pounts,

But hey this Green Transparent GBA whit Backlight, Better Audio and responsive Buttons was quite appearing..
thanks for the link :)
No worries. Will update on screen, button and audio quality when it turns up in a few days :)
(I went for the most expensive option with all the upgrades! :$:$ )

Im also :)
There are not many information on the Site, only that it’s a Original GBA they refurbished and upgraded whit the Parts you put in the shopping cart,
I would suggest the Handheld is still powered by 2 AAA Batteries, which isn’t that bad in my opinion: Spare Rechargeable Batterys are pretty easy to carry, also this means there is no issue whit parcel service and even if the new screen and Audio needs more power, it’s quite easy to change the battery..

I think you will get your GBA first, so I’m looking forward for some experience..

I upgraded a couple of the original GBAs with the original afterburner frontlight option. I've still got one in the loft somewhere I think. To be honest, I never really gelled with the GBA scene, it was only with the orignal DS that I clicked, but being able to play in the evenings did open up the games I already had.

I bought a backlight modded GBA a few years back, to use with my small collection of GBA/GBC games. IIRC, it said it was the same screen as what you get in the AGS-101 (with an adapter for the electrical connections).

I just ordered a Japanese copy of Zelda Link's Awakening DX, so will see how that goes. (The text is a bit smaller than in Pokemon.)

My GBA is getting shipped, whit Royal Mail,
I hope not whit Prince Phillip (because he crashed his Range Rover some weeks ago (he is too old to drive)
Hopefully one of the Younger Princes , one of Diana’s Sons have a Licensee for a Helicopter ^^
Thy have a chat option on the Website, maybe I had better ask thy
But now it’s a surprise ^^

My GBA is getting shipped, whit Royal Mail,
I hope not whit Prince Phillip (because he crashed his Range Rover some weeks ago (he is too old to drive)
Hopefully one of the Younger Princes , one of Diana’s Sons have a Licensee for a Helicopter ^^
Thy have a chat option on the Website, maybe I had better ask thy
But now it’s a surprise ^^
That's great news!

Mine also shipped today via Royal Mail; should be here in a couple of days.
Although I don't think £2- for postage will stretch to a chopper delivery by Prince William......

My GBA turned up today - that's pretty quick (didn't pay extra for Special Delivery) :)

It has very nice packaging (see pics), and shows signs of passion for these refurb consoles from the guys at retrosix.
The console is incredibly clean, and if you didn't know any better would guess it was new!
There's even a little manual that tells you how to get the most from the GBA (quite amusingly, one of their rules is "No mobile phone" for no distraction gaming!)

The updated triggers are nice and clicky, and seem very responsive.
The Dpad seems a little mushy to me (not as nice as the GBA SP) and maybe just how the original GBAs were (I haven't owned one for 15 years!), but it works fine just needing a little more pressure in comparison.
The screen is almost identical to the AGS-101 (correct number of pixels at the right ratio and size, also nice and bright). However, the colours are maybe not quite as vibrant as the AGS-101, although that was only noticeable on a direct side by side comparison!

On the whole I'm very impressed, but then the backlit version is quite a lot more than than the non-lit version, so I spose you couldn't class it as cheap!

DSC_0066.jpg DSC_0067.jpg DSC_0069.jpg DSC_0070.jpg DSC_0071.jpg

Yes, the wideboy GBA had a slightly mushy d-pad - I think it's the exact same one as in the gamecube controllers. Looks like there's a new keymat for those start and select buttons, which certainly adds to the dayglo aesthetic.

Looks pretty nice indeed,
But Prince Phillip wasn’t at my Place yet, seems like his Range Rover didn’t float that Fast ^^ I was 20 years ago in Great Britain, but i went with the Hovercraft Ferry
This was fast..

The Screen looks good, I also have 2 GBA SP , one in pretty poor condition from a resell shop in Saarbrücken and one in NES Design,
They both have the old Screen and if you play on the rear seat of a car during summer it’s not that easy to see what happen ..

Your Famicom GBA looks cool,
But my Emerald Edition Is
e95fc6eefdde1c98c75e1585fa01dc67.jpg

The Dpad seems a little mushy to me (not as nice as the GBA SP) and maybe just how the original GBAs were (I haven't owned one for 15 years!), but it works fine just needing a little more pressure in comparison.
A different supplier, but mine came refurbished with third-party rubber button pads which I disliked, and after a few weeks I got those swapped back for used original ones.

For me the Colors looking pretty good, also in comparason to the OLD GBA SP,
Im Still waiting for my GBA, seems like Royal Mail is a bit slow, expecly if you take this "Royal" Mail serious (the Queen itself delivers the Mail)..
But as i ditnt had much time this week, and there was a big Snow Chaos the day bevore yesterday, i can wait..

Royal Mail does seem to like to take their time, when delivering to Germany. It's more like Snail Mail. Just tell yourself, it's because they handle your package verrry carefully :)

So you mean, the Package will be put in the Landrover from the Queen (not Prince Phillip) and her Majesty also puts her Royal Guard on the Side Driver Seat ??
Now i feal my Package is in good hands..

Back