What have you bought recently?

Null

Velocipede
Website
www.pixelfed.social
WEBSITE
https://elderberry.sdf-eu.org
I've purchased a lovely warm blanket, just in time for summer. :)

913h1b7v-KCL-AC-SL1500.jpg

Amazon Link

• Love
Reactions: rSl

TrashyMG

Sarcasm Dispenser
Staff member
Bought a GPD Micro PC for $230 :)
Actually I did too, but for a bit more money :/
would have liked to have bought it from dragonbox, but out of stock and hate to say current international shipping prices are pretty steep now.
Have several uses for a small device with an actual Serial port, I plan on dual-booting Linux/Windows as I have a few odd uses for Windows for software that doesn't play nice on a VM or windows emulation. Like automotive ECU tuning software, tire pressure programing software. I have the Pandora and Pyra for the fun things, this will be a workhorse.

Last edited:

kuru

Laptop und Trachtenjanker
It has a pirate (Arr) mode!

Edit 2021-05-17
Got my 8BitDo Pro2 and I'm loving it. Best controller I've used and finally one that "just works" with my mainboard's built-in BT module. I've asked them if their Ultimate Software could be made to remap buttons/Axes to keyboard keys/different axes and toggle profiles by holding the backside buttons. Alternatively have 3 virtual joypads, but with the back buttons recognized as normal joystick buttons, so we can map them in joy2key or UCR (universal control remapper - awesome little tool)

That would give me the freedom to map most commands from games like Freespace or I-War to the gamepad; turning these HOTAS-/Keyboard games into wireless couch games. Gosh I really hopw they can do something there.

signal-2021-05-17-090722.jpeg

Last edited:

gpsqueeek

Very Active Member
I find this interesting. Use it a month then tell me more about them.
Hey there ! Sorry I did not report earlier about my Wildling minimalist shoes... Well, here I go ! I love them, I actually bought two more pairs : a very light one (the fabric is mostly paper !) for summer - the red Tanuki Sango - and a half season I will get for my birthday soon to come (they are already at home) - the colorfull Toucan limited series (also got the same for my two years old son hehe).
I started to take the automatism to lay my toes first when running or walking fast on hard ground, but it still happens sometimes that my heels remembers me "hey it's a bit hard here, slow down or get your toes to work".
I also noticed thay my toes are much more relaxed nox, they were tightly crumpled becasue of the "normal shoes" that were not large enough at the front, while the Wildlings are much larger there (a collegue asked me if I had my diving fins on haha)

FBnil

Mundus vult Pyra, ergo Pyratur
I started to take the automatism to lay my toes first when running or walking fast on hard ground
My last house is made of squeaky wood and we had to walk like that so the neighbor downstairs didnt complain of just plain walking.

rygD

Nihilistic Mystic
20210517_222655.jpg
20210517_223041.jpg

Some new (old) cards. Nothing super special about them, I just wanted some like my grandmother had when I was a kid, and Hoyle is now made by the same company as Bicycle, so I went vintage to get them like we had back then.