What have you bought recently?

I've purchased a lovely warm blanket, just in time for summer. :)

913h1b7v-KCL-AC-SL1500.jpg

Amazon Link

• Love
Reactions: rSl
Bought a GPD Micro PC for $230 :)
Actually I did too, but for a bit more money :/
would have liked to have bought it from dragonbox, but out of stock and hate to say current international shipping prices are pretty steep now.
Have several uses for a small device with an actual Serial port, I plan on dual-booting Linux/Windows as I have a few odd uses for Windows for software that doesn't play nice on a VM or windows emulation. Like automotive ECU tuning software, tire pressure programing software. I have the Pandora and Pyra for the fun things, this will be a workhorse.

Last edited:
I am now +1 wizard robe blanket, just in time for what looks like a bout of chilly weather/rainstorm. :cool:

Edit: It is 100% the softest blanket ever. <3

Last edited:
Reactions: rSl
It has a pirate (Arr) mode!

Edit 2021-05-17
Got my 8BitDo Pro2 and I'm loving it. Best controller I've used and finally one that "just works" with my mainboard's built-in BT module. I've asked them if their Ultimate Software could be made to remap buttons/Axes to keyboard keys/different axes and toggle profiles by holding the backside buttons. Alternatively have 3 virtual joypads, but with the back buttons recognized as normal joystick buttons, so we can map them in joy2key or UCR (universal control remapper - awesome little tool)

That would give me the freedom to map most commands from games like Freespace or I-War to the gamepad; turning these HOTAS-/Keyboard games into wireless couch games. Gosh I really hopw they can do something there.

signal-2021-05-17-090722.jpeg

Last edited:
I find this interesting. Use it a month then tell me more about them.
Hey there ! Sorry I did not report earlier about my Wildling minimalist shoes... Well, here I go ! I love them, I actually bought two more pairs : a very light one (the fabric is mostly paper !) for summer - the red Tanuki Sango - and a half season I will get for my birthday soon to come (they are already at home) - the colorfull Toucan limited series (also got the same for my two years old son hehe).
I started to take the automatism to lay my toes first when running or walking fast on hard ground, but it still happens sometimes that my heels remembers me "hey it's a bit hard here, slow down or get your toes to work".
I also noticed thay my toes are much more relaxed nox, they were tightly crumpled becasue of the "normal shoes" that were not large enough at the front, while the Wildlings are much larger there (a collegue asked me if I had my diving fins on haha)

I started to take the automatism to lay my toes first when running or walking fast on hard ground
My last house is made of squeaky wood and we had to walk like that so the neighbor downstairs didnt complain of just plain walking.

IMG_20210703_203344123.jpg

I highly recommend Highlanders if you are looking for 19th century style playing cards. The stock is a bit stiff, but good. They do have a coating, but it is nice and matte.

I have some other new playing cards I will show later

Hmm, those cards don't seem to be brilliant for holding in a hand. If you've got them overlaid like that, you won't be able to see most of the image and since they're missing the corner identifiers you won't know what you've got at a glance.
Aren't you thankful they started adding corner indices? These are a reproduction of an 1864 US deck. Another method for knowing what you had in hand without requiring you to spread them out and take a look is called Triplicates, where a miniature picture of the cards are shown in the corners where the indices are usually shown.
Post automatically merged:

Here is an example:

The Royal Mischief by Patrick Valenza is the others deck I recently got. It is highly glossy, and edged in graphite, supposedly. The stock is a bit stiff. For those that want indices, you will find this deck difficult to use.

Unfortunately, when I opened the inner plastic I was a bit to close to a damp sink, and a couple cards fell in and lost a little of their edging. I love the artwork and little details added to this deck, like the 2 part box, I just wish it wasn't so shiny. I'm sure the stock will soften up with time.

Attachments

• IMG_20210712_124059522.jpg
    IMG_20210712_124059522.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 87
Back