What have you bought recently?

I wish I had pies in my sink drain (as long as they are clean and edible).

Later I will be going to pick up some freeze dried salmon that was special ordered for my cats, since they all like it. When we bought them minnows one of them (the one that eats almost anything) didn't like them, and one loved them so much that we couldn't find a place to store them that he wouldn't get into or knock over to get at them. After he found it he tore the bag open and ate most of them, so we put the few remaining ones in a bathroom and kept the door closed. Someone didn't pull it all the way shut, so I later discovered the shredded remains of the bag, and all my stuff all over the floor and in the sink.

I'm so happy, I just got me a 2nd hand Sony Trinitron PVM-14N5E for 25 euro.
The image is gorgeous! So much better than a TFT or even my old 1701 commodore monitor.
I would recommend it to any one with retro computers and/or a Pandora with video out cable :D

a new hand mixer. the old one ruined a really nice meringue by coughing up a bunch of metal pieces. my mom bought it used from a flea market, and that exact model is ~10 years old, so yeah, no surprises there.
and a food processor, mainly to make almond meal (storebought costs ~7€/200g vs. 1,60€/200g of whole almonds). i tried making bagel dough in it, and it was mixed and ready in a minute, literally. cleaning the thing is a bit annoying, but at least there isn't flour everywhere on the counter. next week i'll buy a cabbage and see if i can make sauerkraut-sized pieces with the shredding function :D

check it for radioactivity first... Fukushima is still leaking and fish have more cancer and deformities.
I am pretty sure they are farmed, not wild, but good advice. Too bad I bought them about 12 or 18 hours after that post, and the cats have already been munching on them, including knocking over and breaking an irreplaceable family canister trying to find them.

Who cares about a little radioactivity in their catfood?

Spidercat, spidercat...
Shouldn't it be fishycat or something? Aquacat?

I bought a pen and some ink today. It is acrylic ink, so I should probably make or buy something better (or maybe I just need to learn to use the pen properly).

I wanted to buy a couple books, but went to two huge bookstores and left both empty handed. I was surprised that Hesiod isn't significant enough to keep something, anything, on hand. I knew the other book was a long shot, and intended to just have them order it. Turns out I would need to pay to have it ordered, so I might as well just order it online.

Shouldn't it be fishycat or something? Aquacat?

I'm not sure if the act of biting is important or not. It so, then you'd presumably become housecatman on being bit by your radioactive housecats. Which unfortunately would only really give you the ability to lick yourself clean, and to sleep in any number of ungainly positions.

I thought that the cat eating radioactive fish would cause the cat to take on fish traits/powers. Since the fish are dead already, they are probably incapable of biting. I already do the weird sleeping thing.

I bought some human food the other day, including salmon, supposedly from northern Europe, so maybe I won't get fish powers, or give the fish human powers.

I am kind of in the mood to swim upriver and mate...

It's Switch Time :)

79a574e0de5d0fc483dd515d9061140a.jpg
32527a4a8127d900c94d26906b7d7bbf.jpg

I was going to say the same. Please give reviews of those games too (Bomberman has been a favorite of mine since the NES).

I've been buying training for myself personally. I finished a year-long contract in Saudi Arabia last year, so I am using the money to improve myself. My recent purchases:

1. Paragliding pilot's course in Nepal. I'm now a certified paraglider pilot, woo!

2. Wilderness first aid course, Yangshuo, China.

Upcoming:
1. technical rope access course- for working at heights.

2. Harness/parachute/back-up parachute/helmet/caribeeners- this shit is expensive, but if I will need to buy it eventually.

3. Haven't decided yet...open to suggestions.

How is the switch? I'm debating getting one, but I have heard tell of some technical difficulties involving the hardware.

I allready postet my Toughts in the Switch Treadh, im pretty impressd whit the Switch so far, i like the big Screen in Handheldmode, and how everything works fine,
Playing on the Couch whit the Joycon Grip in Konsole Mode, works pretty decend, as whell playing everywhere in Handheldmode..

Only Problem is i ditnt have much time, and im still waiting for the Carrycase..

Zelda is pretty cool, Bomberman is great for inbetween, or for some Multiplayer Sessions Online or Lokal .., but its not the best game on this system..

I have had maple bacon flavored Pop Tarts, maple bacon covered donuts, bacon chocolate and bacon flavored popcorn, but not maple bacon popcorn. Not sure I would like it since I am not into sweet popcorn.

@matzesu how you find the joycons use when not in the line of sight of the dock/console?
That's the main thing I didn't like the sound of from the 'Switch fail' videos I seen on YT.

In my room, I would have my Switch beside my sofa where I'm sat, and not be in front of me.
Worried that the joycon input would be rubbish. Seen some videos where guy is just placing his hand over the controller and it loses signal

Back