What have you bought recently?

just checked https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/fiio-fh1-dual-hybrid-iem.22884/reviews
and it seems they are really great! dynamic driver for bass and mids and the ba one for clear hights resolution etc. verry cool design for a good price.
so congrats!
i still love my fiio x1 with it's burr brown dac. with the hifiman re400 iem, it makes female voices soo sexy! ;)
lately i discovered that i'm a basshead and use my beyer dt770 pro and dt990 pro a lot.
on the pyra, i intend to use the audioquest dragonfly 1.2 dac.
I thought, the Pyra is expected to have very good audio quality on its own. ?

I thought, the Pyra is expected to have very good audio quality on its own. ?

it has a nice ti (they bought burr brown) dac and will have good speakers for such a small device. when using low ohmage iem/headphones it should be nice but
for higher ohm phones i guess a dedicated headamp is needed to amp them loud enough.
[doublepost=1570619068,1570618559][/doublepost]also i allready have the dragonfly dac around since some years now and want to use it because the pyra started it's life as "project: dragonfly" before it was named pyra. so i always wanted to do this imho perfect match. ;)

More wall mounts

20191001-215821.jpg

Are you on SSDs already? I quietened down my CPU fan by upgrading it, but now I can mostly hear the HDD spinning. The old case fan does take over noise duty when the system needs more airflow to keep cool, but that doesn't wake me so that's fine.
I've just closed the case after installing the new stuff. First thing I did after booting up was powering down and unplugging the mechanical HD installed not too long ago. It really is bothersome.
Having done that the fridge from over in the kitchen is louder than the PC, can't tell if the latter is powered on.
Only the CPU fan, ryzen 1700 stock one, is spinning in idle. The graphics card has a "zero fan" mode and the two case fans are set to start working slowly when temperatures climb over 60°C.
The motherboard has a fan tuning feature, dunno if that's common. It will detect the lowest possible voltage or PWM that your fan will start spinning at and set that value as the lowest in the fan curve.
The old fans were not among China's finest, just like the TT PSU. The latter was the loudest I reckon. I'll keep one of the fans for soldering fumes and the other will begin a new life as a 555-controlled work desk fan for next summer.

I just ordered a Raspberry 4B 4GB set with transparent case, power supply, aluminium cooling fins and fitting hdmi cable, the shop gave me the option to choose whatever I want and I already have a 128gb micro SD card lying around as well as additional keyboards and mice.
Too bad the official black/grey case is sold out everywhere, so I took a transparent one since most others who look okay are made of aluminium and you know how that affects WLAN and BT...

I was seriously tired of using so much energy (desktop = 450W, rPI4B = 15W) and of the loud fan of my big system just to watch streams or movies from a docking station/HDD and for 80€ the whole set is as fast as this 10 year old system, even has the same amount of RAM.
Sold some stuff to make room, so had the 80€ right now anyway.

Also ordered another flat 7.5m LAN cable for it elsewhere.
I may permanently hook up my USB SNES clone pads to that, seems like a good fit.
All of this will be integrated into my HDMI-Switch Projector setup and will also be placed inside the shelf I recently fastened my silver screen on.

Does anyone here have a rPi and if yes, what do you use it for?
Only using 15W for streaming/watching videos and old console stuff seems very efficient and more friendly to the environment to me and I do that so much these days...
No need to waste 450W of energy and having the fan ruin the audio experience for playing ancient console stuff either.

Last edited:
Strange world. Last night, I ordered an ODROID-N2 to hopefully replace my desktop. For other reasons, though. My rig never handled doing 3d well, crashing after 5 to 20 Min. I thought it was a Windows thing - I did migrate the OS from the former rig -, but it's no different running Linux. It rarely even crashes doing something "simple" as watching youtube. And, I don't want no Intel ME no more.

Reactions: rSl
I just ordered a Raspberry 4B 4GB set with transparent case, power supply, aluminium cooling fins and fitting hdmi cable, the shop gave me the option to choose whatever I want and I already have a 128gb micro SD card lying around as well as additional keyboards and mice.
Too bad the official black/grey case is sold out everywhere, so I took a transparent one since most others who look okay are made of aluminium and you know how that affects WLAN and BT...

I was seriously tired of using so much energy (desktop = 450W, rPI4B = 15W) and of the loud fan of my big system just to watch streams or movies from a docking station/HDD and for 80€ the whole set is as fast as this 10 year old system, even has the same amount of RAM.
Sold some stuff to make room, so had the 80€ right now anyway.

Also ordered another flat 7.5m LAN cable for it elsewhere.
I may permanently hook up my USB SNES clone pads to that, seems like a good fit.
All of this will be integrated into my HDMI-Switch Projector setup and will also be placed inside the shelf I recently fastened my silver screen on.

Does anyone here have a rPi and if yes, what do you use it for?
Only using 15W for streaming/watching videos and old console stuff seems very efficient and more friendly to the environment to me and I do that so much these days...
No need to waste 450W of energy and having the fan ruin the audio experience for playing ancient console stuff either.

I have 1 running kodi with elementum (torrent streaming) on the living room tv and one as a desktop/SFTP server. Been running a desktop with a pi since the original. For video/browsing/etc they work great

I use my rPi3 mainly to run kodi. I have torrent server ( transmission and aria2 ), ssh, ftp running on my older NAS ( wd mycloud running alpine linux) otherwise I may have used rPi for all these too.

Ah, SBCs. Been playing around with RasPi 3b+ just last weekend. I'm not too happy with it. I watch lots of youtube and its performance therein makes for a frustrating experience.
Still, I like the principle. Looking forward to trying the Radxa Rock Pi X or similarly priced options. Yes, I want to run Windows on one of these little boards, go sue me :p

• Wow
Reactions: rSl
Back