What have you bought recently?

A padded grippy case for Switch (lite). That's right, I spent $15 on a Switch case. Judge me.
Post automatically merged:

Oh, review coming tomorrow or soon, after I have used it with a few games.

A new Asus pro laptop (core I7 1165G7, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, mate fullHD screen) to replace the dead one (installed Linux manjaro)
A new mini-PC (minisforum GK50 + 2.5" SSD 1 TB) as a Linux NAS
2 Onlykey security keys
A Gli.net Flint router that is WiFi6 and powerful enough to run as a wireguard client faster than my future fiber optics internet connection, and has openwrt running on it
Merino wool t-shirts for my bike trips to work
That's a lot !

It's coming.

(I'm excited)

Kenneth-williams-article.jpg

My case is a "Rugged Hybrid Protective Case" available from several sellers on Amazon.

IMG_20220403_175342316~2.jpg

It has hand grips and a built in screen protector. It was sorta difficult to get on but it feels great. This seller includes grips for the nubs, which also feel good despite not being lined up properly.

I have mostly been playing Quake, so I'm mainly using the sticks and shoulder buttons, and there no problems there. When I need to hit the d pad to change weapons quickly I sometimes get interference and it switches to the wrong weapon. I just need to get used to it, I think. The other buttons that are recessed in the case also require a bit more precision to hit, but for Quake I only go to the menu or put the Switch to sleep, and neither of those happen in the middle of action, so I mention it to make it obvious that there is a difference vs. no case.

Again, i don't use the touchscreen much with Quake, but the screen protector doesn't seem to interfere. I felt comfortable getting a case with a built in screen protector because I have one for my phone and have no problems with it.

Overall I like it, but as I said, it does slightly interfere with buttons and d pad. Even with that, I would but it again.

View attachment 37940
I can't believe i never stumble upon OSSC before. FPGA seems like the right tech.
Been eyeing one of these for a while, I ended up getting a GBS-8200 for my project as it's cheaper, but it has it's issues like signal noise which I remedied with some copper foil for trace shielding.

What console(s) are you using and do they look brilliant?

This was for an Amiga 600 in the Checkmate A1500 desktop case, I'm routing the Amiga RGB output to VGA and have the PCB mounted on a PC expansion slot bracket, I felt the OSSC was a bit expensive for the project. The GBS-8220 does have some noise issues, but It's mostly fixed with some cheap modifications, consider it a great thing for cheap projects.

I just bought a cheap wii/gc to hdmi adaptor. I'm not sure what resolution the console is working at, but at the very least the image is much less noisy that is was using the composite cable that came with the wii. I think the adaptor cost me something like 20GBP.

I just bought a cheap wii/gc to hdmi adaptor. I'm not sure what resolution the console is working at, but at the very least the image is much less noisy that is was using the composite cable that came with the wii. I think the adaptor cost me something like 20GBP.
wii is 576i 50Hz , 480I 60Hz or it can do 480pEDTV/HDTV
Post automatically merged:

well this came up on GOG so i thought why not? im currently listening to the audiobooks of the Wheel of Time cause i havent the time to sit and read 13 big books...

I have bought many many games on GOG recently and I'm surprised how many good games out there are DRM free :).
Currently I'm missing only 2 games which are nor DRM free, but for anything else GOG keeps me satisfied.

Back