What Headphones Are You Using With Your Gp2x?

thanks for all the feedback!

it's good to see there are a few other audiophiles on the board, i know exactly how dangerous head-fi is! that forum and iaudiophile both have a lot of material to wade through to guess at the character of some headphones before buying them.

after a certain point recommendations and reviews turn into noise and the only thing to do is try some different things out. since i'm looking for in-ear buds it's hard to find someone willing to let me try them out!

for my use the sony in-ear bud was great for sound, comfort and portability (i even grew to love the J style cord), but after reading around i've figured out they are really the bottom rung and for $30 you can get the much better creative EP-630.

my room mate wound up ordering the creative's because she wanted something inexpensive ... so i'm going to splurge on the audio technica ATH-CK7 and have fun comparing!

ATH-CK7.jpg

Kagey posted on Feb 20 2007 at 12:48 PM said:
Sennheiser CX300B ear-buds

Not cheap, but effective.

the audio technica ATH-CK7 buds are in the same price range and from what i've read they have a cleaner/more balanced character than the sennheiser CX300 buds ... at the cost of the ATH-CK7 having a less prominent low end than the CX300 buds ... so if you're a bass head go with the CX300 but if you want clarity go with the ATH-CK7.

i prefer clarity out of habit (maybe because i do a lot of production/mixing/mastering) ... and no bud is going to do L'Trimm justice :p

it's up in the air how different the sennheiser CX300 buds are from the creative EP-630 buds (people doing A:B tests saying they're the same, different people doing A:B tests saying they're NOT the same! over head-fi and similar forums). so when i can A:B the ATH-CK7 against the EP-630 with my gamepark i can verify if what i've read and reported above is true ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm using this lovely pair, perfect for noisy environments such as trains, planes and automobiles :)

B000089GN2.02._AA255_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back