What is your Reason you want this Thing?

As it is a powerful portable gamers computer, fullspeed emulation of as many 8 and 16 bit computers as possible. I am hoping for flawless Atari ST, Amiga/A1200, SharpX68000 and solid dosbox. If this happens I will consider my money well spent.

Doesnt the Pandora basically cover this?

Historically we got good GCN emulation a good few years before we got decent Saturn emulation. As I understand it, the Saturn has two CPUs and other duplicated bits that run at the same time, more of less on very similar clocks. Maybe having a dual core CPU will help with that, but if not emulating all of the corner cases of different CPUs completing certain different workloads at different times can be difficult to do on modern systems. The gamecube by comparison is just a power ISA CPU connected to some fast ram and a GPU, so much simpler to emulate.

Reactions: rSl
Historically we got good GCN emulation a good few years before we got decent Saturn emulation. As I understand it, the Saturn has two CPUs and other duplicated bits that run at the same time, more of less on very similar clocks. Maybe having a dual core CPU will help with that, but if not emulating all of the corner cases of different CPUs completing certain different workloads at different times can be difficult to do on modern systems. The gamecube by comparison is just a power ISA CPU connected to some fast ram and a GPU, so much simpler to emulate.

When we got it is not as important as how much it takes to emulate. From my understanding, Saturn emulation should require less processing power than GCN emulation does. (and I would assume the ability to emulate each of its processors on a different core plays a big part in that)

-God Ginrai

As my OLD Notebook ( Lenovo Thinkpad Edge 525 from 2011) is now quite Old, because Windows 10 quite Slow, and not that Pocketfriendly, i want the Pyra to be my next Desctop/Laptop PC, that i can carry every day, like my Plan was whit the Pandora..
Also like whit the Pandora, i plan to use the Pyra as a Every Day Carry Homebrew Emu Gaming Device, from Tetris, up to GTA 3

Mostly i used the Pandora for this Purpose, as its PC Side is a bit too slow novadays, expecltly when you truy to browse the web whit firefox, but gaming was quite good whit this thing (until i broke the shoulderbutton and refuse to use it much because whitout i cant reflash it..

I dont need that much Windows Apps, and when i need them, i can also use the Thinkpad even if it takes a bit longer.., ,

I dont know if the Pyra works out for my needs, but if not, i can use it anyway as a Pocket PC /Handheld Gaming Device, and buy me a normal X86 Notebook for the rest.. maybe even a Apple Device or one of the Bigger GPD Devices..

Wasnt it to expect that it will take that long? On the Pandora, there where a lack of experience, therefore i ditnt bought a GPH Device, i believed in the 2 Months (tm)..
I hope it will be less than 4 Weeks from now, but i think whe should make this after the old slogan : hope for the best, expect the worst (or something like that)..

Wasnt it to expect that it will take that long? On the Pandora, there where a lack of experience, therefore i ditnt bought a GPH Device, i believed in the 2 Months (tm)..
I hope it will be less than 4 Weeks from now, but i think whe should make this after the old slogan : hope for the best, expect the worst (or something like that)..
Call me naive, but I expected it within the previous decade.

EDs new Status Update let me believe that the Final Payment at least shouldnt be that far away anymore..
If i would care that much about the Deliefery Date, i think i wouldnt order after the long waiting time of the Pandora
And i think lots of us are thinking the same..

Hmm who are my Reasons to buy a Pyra:

More powerfull as my beloved 6 Pandoras
CPU Upgradable..i realy hope for a faster CPU in the Future.
I feel i am in the Team and many other Reasons :)

You are a wonderfull Community Here

Last edited:
... they multiply if you have a boy pandora and a girl pandora...
They're all girls, but...
giphy.gif

Back