What Is Your Worst Fear About The Pandora ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm mainly concerned that the SGX driver won't be available or will be shite for whatever reason.

Many concerns over a driver being not Open Source.... I'd like to see this kind of view spread. In 20-30 years, who knows what could happen.

AireTamStorm said:
Many concerns over a driver being not Open Source.... I'd like to see this kind of view spread. In 20-30 years, who knows what could happen.
With all the windows adverts recently, I might stop using Linux and get some of that Microsoft genuine advantage :) .

Last edited by a moderator:
I also have the dead pixel fear. May I ask Craig what his policy regarding dead pixels will be, I remember buying my PSP from GBAX and it had 2 dead pixels and was told this was within tolerance. Being in the trade I understand that there is a dead pixel tolerance of about 3 pixels on PC monitors, but I would really like to know what Open Pandora's view on this is.

I personally hate the dead pixel tolerance thing, If a pixel is dead then in my opinion it's faulty! And I guess it's because Screens are expensive because TFT's are difficult to make. Let's hope the OLED printing technology gets here soon :)

craigix said:
WarmFluffyUK said:
My worst fear is that we won't get it before Christmas and have to wait until the new year.
We are doing everything we can to make sure that does not happen.

It is the LCDs which have the worst lead time, we have around 600 already and are waiting on the rest. If anything causes a delay I'd say it's going to be the LCD supply - fortunately the LCDs are not essential for making everything else so it's not like we can't make all the cases and PCBs while we wait :)

If the delay is past December 15, I'm in a bit of a pickle. I'm leaving on the 15th for two weeks and there will be nobody home. If there'll be such a delay, would it be possible to change the delivery address?
And if so, how?
And could you announce a delay early enough so I can make arrangements?

paolo said:
my new digital Victorinox
This is exactly how I hope to think of my Pandora. That's a very good way of putting it.

I've not seen any dead pixels on the TPO displays - but the policy would not be ours - it would be TPO who decided on anything like that.

Sphinxter said:
Look on the bright side, they are really tiny pixels

Oh yeah, worst fear would be the battery exploding in my pocket removing my left testicle.:
Thats a good point .... left testicle and maybe half your john-thomas would be a high price to pay for getting a pandora,

I had a worry about windows users with their 'questions' but now i'm really worried :lol: .

I fear that the factory would get bombed by Bin Laden's men sometime next month, halting production and initiating an 1-year delay and mad customers.

My biggest fear is instead of receiving a Pandora receiving a mail with this link from EvilDragon (he is Evil, don't forget it)

PurplePup said:
I mostly worry that my other half will keep stealing it, like she does with the GP2X. Then I'll have to buy another one.
Go for the easy solution: give the first batch one to her as a gift, buy yourself another one and then enjoy multiplayer via wi-fi on the go :)

my worst fear is related to the market crisis taking profits away from the devs: it would be a shame

craigix said:
I've not seen any dead pixels on the TPO displays - but the policy would not be ours - it would be TPO who decided on anything like that.
Have they decided, can you give is feedback on what the dead pixel tolerance level is on the Pandora. This is a valid question as you are the end distributor, not TPO.

They have never mentioned it actually, I'll ask them.

Speaking of incidents our bank manager is so difficult and IMO clueless to the Pandora project we are seriously considering changing banks right now, that may cause some hick ups for the card based orders. More on that soon.

I didn't really have any fears until I read this thread. My worst fear is that you lot are tempting fate.

Or that craigix changes bank accounts and screws all our pre-orders.

Or craigix and the Pandora team keep having dreams about the finished Pandora then wake up and think *fuck* I can't be arsed to get back to work.

AireTamStorm said:
Unfortunately, your concerns are well founded (See my previous remarks in this thread...).

I'd have to concur that this is one of the worst fears on this platform- the closed (unfortunately unavoidable right now...) drivers. :D

darkowl said:
With all the windows adverts recently, I might stop using Linux and get some of that Microsoft genuine advantage :) .
Heh... Shouldn't you call that "Microsoft Genuine DIS-advantage"? ;)

craigix said:
Speaking of incidents our bank manager is so difficult and IMO clueless to the Pandora project we are seriously considering changing banks right now, that may cause some hick ups for the card based orders. More on that soon.
Ouch, that doesn't sound good. I just hope it won't delay the delivery date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back