What Linux Distributions Is The Pandora

takes a couple days to compile a basic distro (for x86) on T2 with a dual pentium 2 at 300mhz so ... cross compiling will be the way to go prolly a couple hours on a fast box

T2 or gentoo is not *really* an option to do on the pandora hardware itself although i imagine it could be done it would take forever

cb88 said:
(...)
T2 or gentoo is not *really* an option to do on the Pandora hardware itself although i imagine it could be done it would take forever
KDE anyone? xD

You'd have to compile on another box (Cross-Compile, Distcc), but I actually don't see the sense in bringing a new distro to the Pandora, as it's original kernel will be the most optimized? I'd just cross-compile all the software I want, and I guess even portage would work.
But anyway, Debian and Gentoo should run without much trouble ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Gentoo. I had thrown that out as being too difficult (since you'd have to compile everything) but if you guys are right about the cross-compiling...

You guys make waiting no fun. :p

Linux is not the only open source OS that runs on ARM architecture.

I wonder how well FreeBSD will run on Pandora, whether it has drivers for the hardware, etc. If it has linux binary compatibility as the x86 version does, it will be an interesting option indeed.

Back