What music aren't I listening to

Tonedeff & Kno - Chico and the Man.

because ive been waiting for this album to release for about a decade now

Any and all Trance music because I really really really REALLY have serious issues with the Trance CULTure.

... brainwashed addicts... slaves of the hive mind... unconscious puppets of the illuminati + dark alien collectives...

I detest those ego enhancing, invasive and soul numbing auditory vibrations...

Lol ^^ Bit beyond the call of duty though...it`d suffice to say "gosh I hate it" - your dedication betrays a worryingly obsessive angle.

Fancy naming your favourite music genre so I can show you how easy it is to do a similarly mindless hatchet job on it? 

Every form of HipHop and Techno, although I don't want to call it "music" at all.
You enjoy a bit of metal though eh?

How about some crossover stuff?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uafbwy1KXNw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmCMgpjjr5s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tp6f0gXcoU

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol ^^ Bit beyond the call of duty though...it`d suffice to say "gosh I hate it" - your dedication betrays a worryingly obsessive angle.

Fancy naming your favourite music genre so I can show you how easy it is to do a similarly mindless hatchet job on it?
I don't have a certain genre that I like.

Only certain songs or musical pieces that speak to my soul, but to be honest... nothing I've heard is pure, delicate and dynamic enough to accurately describe the places / states of being I aspire to.

The only thing that persistently takes me to those places without crudeness, ego, or pretentiousness is the formless sound of silence... with perhaps soft gentle sounds of nature interweaved in the stillness.

When in those spaces *ANY* foreign man made sound is like an act of violence... of which Trance and the genres Klumpen mentioned are of the most invasive and insensitive.

@FZERO: Your try didn't work, sorry. It's not that I don't know a lot of different HipHop, sadly it's been around me many times.

@FaeMinx: Have you tried the stuff from Pain of Salvation that I recommended to you? He even made some songs about rain/nature/being and consciousness that I really like, "Imago" and "Pluvius Aestivus" f.e.

@FaeMinx: Have you tried the stuff from Pain of Salvation that I recommended to you? He even made some songs about rain/nature/being and consciousness that I really like, "Imago" and "Pluvius Aestivus" f.e.
I actually haven't yet... thanks for reminding me. It completely slipped my mind. :)

You'll probably hate these then, but you have to admire the mastery -

Entirely made on two Nintendo DSi, with the Korg DS10 program (emulates classic Korg hardware)

(Don't be fooled by the minimalist intros, it gets quite layered)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/7wQgwqwU8U4?feature=oembed

Anything on the radio or other mainstream sound delivery media.

Not because I try to find obscure stuff, or am an elitist (although these are probably true), but because I avoid these things.  I do admit to sometimes turning to youtube or other resources when trying to find out if something will appeal to me, but I don't make a habit of it.

I don't have a certain genre that I like.

Only certain songs or musical pieces that speak to my soul, but to be honest... nothing I've heard is pure, delicate and dynamic enough to accurately describe the places / states of being I aspire to.

The only thing that persistently takes me to those places without crudeness, ego, or pretentiousness is the formless sound of silence... with perhaps soft gentle sounds of nature interweaved in the stillness.

When in those spaces *ANY* foreign man made sound is like an act of violence... of which Trance and the genres Klumpen mentioned are of the most invasive and insensitive.
If you are in a man-made structure, or an area with a high concentration of humans do you ever listen to/make music?

This might be of some interest to you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musique_concrète

If we can identify what sounds you do like I might have some suggestions for things you might enjoy, or how to make stuff you like.

... brainwashed addicts... slaves of the hive mind... unconscious puppets of the illuminati + dark alien collectives...
You say that like it is a bad thing.  It just makes it easier to keep control of the herd.

I'm sorry, but I refuse to be a part of any collective where the constituent parts (when isolated) would be deemed either ignorant, insensitive, irresponsible, perverse, delusional, or insecure.

Ooo.... so sorry I have such high standards, but if I am going to merge my consciousness with a group mind, I expect each and every one of them to be enlightened. I.e. transcendant beyond the dictates of human nature.

So to state it plainly: the herd can go f**k itself. :)

P.s. which they do persistently.

Have a nice day. ;)

=~. O =

Edit: the genre of music you are linking to sounds interesting. Do you have any links?

Over the years I've compiled a playlist of music I find acceptable... but it gets boring after a few days. Finding new songs to add to the playlist takes quite some effort. Generally I go back to silence... at least it's honest.

That's what I like about music, even some fairly mainstream stuff - it can be a good connection to other people. Not the collective, individual people, or at least individual bands. Course, I tend to stick to stuff written by the artists performing it, rather than the manufactured stuff that comes out of certain record labels. Though it's not all about that, usually it's just a good sound to boogie to, and it's a nice side-effect when something makes a connection you weren't expecting.

Not all mainstream music is bad, sometimes I like to hear Johnny Cash, Franz Liszt, Sergei Prokofjew, Doris Day, Billie Holiday, etc... and it's all mainstream music, just not from today.

I don't really like pop literature like Goethe though, but Oscar Wilde (Picture of Dorian Grey) was good. ;)

From todays music I hear other stuff, mostly folk or progressive metal and a bit more melodic jazz from Poland or the like, preferably live and not conserved.

If you have any liking for electronica, you might be interested to know that William Orbit has, after a period of wrangling with record labels apparently, decided to release his latest album, 'Strange Cargo 5' entirely free on Soundcloud -

https://soundcloud.com/strangecargo5/

Below each track, the download button will get you 24bit WAVs for each track, clicking on the text to the right of that button (download mp3) gets the mp3.

One track has 'buy' there, but that's an error, it'll download like the others if you click it.

Back