What no SMC!?

Krang

Still Fresh
Hello!

I just got my GP32 and have troubles getting it to work. I successfully completed the step with the authentification wizard and installed PC Link and the drivers (win98). Now, whenever i start PC Link and click on the GP32 icon, it says: 'Error in GP32 during request' or so. And any operation i try just times out. The GP32 display reads: 'Please insert SMC.' But there *is* an SMC in there, and i made sure i'm using a 3.3v one. (I tried several SMCs.)

HELP!

Are you sure the smc is inserted correctly eg. is it in the right way up?, I
haven't got mine with me, but you can format your SMC using the gp32 without plugging it in

I had the same problem with my gp32 at first- what you need to do is- Install the pc-link software on your computer (Make sure you install the usb drivers on your pc) connect the gp32 to the computer via usb and format the card using the PC-LiNK software program on your computer I think its something like File>Format- That should format your smc.

Then you need to install free launcher to get the downloaded proggies to work-

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Yuzo

Oh- one other thing- download pclink 1.3.1 delux - It seems to work better. If your getting a timed out error, its because you didnt install the gp32usb device on your computer correctly-

yuzo

Back