What should i do....

I heard somewhere that overclocking too much (with the proper OPP levels, I assume) can actually slow the emulator down.

Well 900mhz works fine and good for me on R8.

Its true though that if you go higher than this you will encounter problems due to NEON instructions.

^ It's less likely R8, and more likely your Pandora. :p Lucky.

Last edited by a moderator:
emulate quite everything up to N64 and PSX perfectly

all videos i have seen on psx games ran slow.

so "perfectly" is not true i think.
I bet those videos are outdated as hell.

So far I have yet to discover a psx game that doesnt run fullspeed or very close to it when running at 900 mhz and pcsx rearmed r8.

You might want to give it a try yourself first if you have a Pandora.

(no i have not received my pandora yet and i don't know when i will)

overclocking at 900mhz is not possible for everyone according to what i have read in this forum. some units crash before this limit.

maybe a newer version of pcsx rearmed will be out and will no need an overclock of the pandora?

about this, someone know if this emulator is intended to be soon updated?

emulate quite everything up to N64 and PSX perfectly

all videos i have seen on psx games ran slow.

so "perfectly" is not true i think.
I bet those videos are outdated as hell.

So far I have yet to discover a psx game that doesnt run fullspeed or very close to it when running at 900 mhz and pcsx rearmed r8.

You might want to give it a try yourself first if you have a Pandora.

(no i have not received my pandora yet and i don't know when i will)

overclocking at 900mhz is not possible for everyone according to what i have read in this forum.

maybe a newer version of pcsx rearmed will be out and will no need an overclock of the pandora?

about this, someone know if this emulator is intended to be soon updated?

I think it's more possible than people think.. I figure some don't realize they need to increase their OPP level to 4 or 5 to successfully overclock to that speed. My Pandora can do about 850mhz with the default OPP level and had it up to 1030mhz with OPP5.

Somethinmg to consider ..

iOS (iphone) has been around a long time now .. 5 years now. Jailbroken the entire time pretty much, revealing essentially a full Unix environment, plus a chipset not that far off from our own in a lot of ways.

Count the number of emulators on sed device .. maybe a half dozen, and not generally all that great?

Android I'm not as on top of, but theres more emu action there, but not all that much again, and mostly drive-by ports again.

As always -- Pandora is not great because of specs (though its specs are even today still pretty good, as its quite tuned to its goal, not a phone), but great because of the form factor and the community; emus of almost every description, nice high quality ones, all ready to go, for instance, plus random good stuff from Linux ported right over. Phones require more work since they're 'so different' (at the UI level at least, if not the frameworks level), so devs can port to Pandora nice and fast and then concentrate on what matters to them (be it performance, or UI localization, or whatever.)

And, where else could you get so much drama?

jeff

My Pandora has been with Craig for replacement. I got to have it for 2 days, 2 days of trying to get Wifi working. Of those 2 days i also got to play 4 hours of Final Fantasy 9. Not only am i now hooked on that game. Im also hooked on the pandora. Even tho mine had non-functional Wifi it was still a great experience. I just hope i get it back.

The Playstation emulation really is great. Mine can go above 900 depending on the OPP level, but I keep it there as everything runs beautifully at that speed. I'll probably start playing around with lower speeds to see what kind of performance I get.

And FFIX is loaded and ready to play once I have the free time to delve into it.

N64 emulation is also very good. A little more speed would be nice, but even now OoT has been a blast to play through again.

Back