What standards can the P2 follow?

I'm fairly certain that Neelix from Voyager had a sense of humor.  This Neelix is closer to a Vulcan, rather than a Talaxian.  Still, I do enjoy the posts...  One can't argue with logic.

Edit1:  And please, don't take that the wrong way.  It's just an interpretation based upon a profile name, I have already been reading your posts for years so it's not out of "your own character" to be you...it's just an interesting  name that I hadn't really thought of before until now.  "Why" Neelix?  Was it from the Voyager (Star Trek) character's name?  You seem much more stable of mind than that character portrayed. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's hope so at least...well, not accidents but they're gonna happen so what the hey...I'm all for human and Talaxian progress.  You've always been cool in my book there, Neelix.  Here, let me read you a chapter..."it was the summer of my dysentery"....(looks at the back of the book..this is lousy reading on the toilet. that's for sure.  Let's plod on...

We could use our Pandora 2's as programmable remote controls for TVs I guess...  I didn't use the feature much in the first generation of PSP.  My spidey sense is tingling...you're pulling my leg.

How about an SMA connector for 'boss' wifi reception?

I'm being serious.

I'm actually happy to hear that ED (or Craig) said that they'd be willing to pay for the licensing fee ($5k a year?).
Please don't take this as a fact, I'm just thinking that either Craig or Ed said that, but I don't have a qoute down pat to prove it.

How about IRDA?
Samsung pulled that out of the hat for the S4, but with a full USB port available, wouldn't a USB-Irda adapter make do ?

Edit: Small mistake, the S4 does not hav an IRDA port, but an infrared port (different wavelengths, different protocols).

For some reason this forum software won't let me

eSATA

the same battery as the P1
The same stylus size as something else

I2C
eSATA - I dont know if available SoC will support this

battery - could be thicker than the P1 battery

same stylus size as something else - clever idea

I2C - what for? wouldn't this require an additional output?

(edit removed double quote)

For some reason this forum software won't let me

eSATA

the same battery as the P1
The same stylus size as something else

I2C
eSATA - I dont know if available SoC will support this

battery - could be thicker than the P1 battery

same stylus size as something else - clever idea

I2C - what for? wouldn't this require an additional output?

(edit removed double quote)
Would people be happy trading thinness for battery life?

Hacking.

It wouldn't have to be an external connection, but It should be easier to use (perhaps 0.1" through-hole)

https://www.sparkfun.com/search/results?term=i2c+breakout&what=products

How about IRDA?
Samsung pulled that out of the hat for the S4, but with a full USB port available, wouldn't a USB-Irda adapter make do ?
It would, but I think it would be simpler to wire an LED or two into the soc - wouldn't take much board space and should be cheaper than doing it over USB
But wouldn't that require a serial output and circuitry to invert the signals ?

Would to GPIOs (exposed as the EXT connector in the P1) do, given suitable software?

Would to GPIOs (exposed as the EXT connector in the P1) do, given suitable software?
I guess so, but you would still need a circuit to drive the IR-Led and would pass on the irda support that is (probably) already included. BTW, who needs/wants that anyway?

People trying to communicate with aged portable electronics?

People who want to have a £400 TV remote?

People playing with microcontrollers and remote control systems?

1337 haxorz?

People trying to communicate with aged portable electronics?

People who want to have a £400 TV remote?

People playing with microcontrollers and remote control systems?

1337 haxorz?
Give them an "extension" port, much like the current model has, but with a more widely available connector, as you would not be able to please everyone on your list as you would need different IR LEDs for the purposes you listed

How about a battery connected with a JST-PH connector for simple battery replacement?

While I agree that a more secure way of maintaining contact between the battery and the battery contacts is warranted, I think that's going overboard. 

Also that would be a more complicated solution, not a simpler one.  That's only the "simple" solution in comparison with soldering the battery in place, which I wouldn't have expected to see anyway.

- Neelix

Back