What The Average Age Of A Gp32 User

I´m 19 and from
deub.gif

WarmFluffyUK posted on Mar 29 2005 at 02:31 PM said:
Quite amazing there are soo many young people owning a retro handheld... Not that the GP32 is exactly retro in itself mind you.
if it helps make sense of things,i've been playing games since i was 2 years old,and it's probably similar with other people round here. (i mean,what kind of normal teenager spends £90 on a korean handheld that no-one'sd heard of?)

Last edited by a moderator:
19, Netherlands.

True WarmFluffy(you can hardly shorten it to WFUK :p ), and growing up with a range of games graphically so far more advanced than what the consoles of a few generations back could offer undeniably spoils us. When your gaming life starts on a playstation(NES for me, but the younger people probably started with a PSX) it's harder to appreciate the Speccy or C64 ones for being just as great. No matter how much I know that they are brilliant I never play them for long, I think as a result of it. Shame really. Not much of a point here. Go on please. :)

loki valhalla posted on Mar 29 2005 at 03:38 PM said:
WarmFluffyUK posted on Mar 29 2005 at 02:31 PM said:
Quite amazing there are soo many young people owning a retro handheld... Not that the GP32 is exactly retro in itself mind you.
if it helps make sense of things,i've been playing games since i was 2 years old,and it's probably similar with other people round here. (i mean,what kind of normal teenager spends £90 on a korean handheld that no-one'sd heard of?)

Yes I guess it does, for me I was 12 when one of the boys at school showed me a ZX81. I love puzzles myself and programming it was a great puzzle to me. But kids now get experience of computers when they are in primary school. All I had was a Cindy dol :blink: .

Don't you think however that some, and I use the term loosely 'kids', love to see the precursors to their present video games? Sheer game play meant an arcade machine made money and eventually became a classic. I don’t think arcades have the same feel as they used too. Me and me fella was out on Sunday walking on the prom, passing the Pier (which has an arcade) and I looked in. It’s not like the early Pacman days, 10p meant something more then. Now it's mega graphics, huge stereo sound and the gameplay can be over before you can say 'Tamattawackatangy'

Ahh the nostalgia of playing those games is kewl. And I bet playing those games for the first time for the younger folk is too. I mean, how many places can you play the original Defender or Jetpac? And now you can do it in a taxi :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I miss the days when classic's roamed the earth :(. Now all arcade games are £1 a go and you either have to shoot or sit in something. Bring back the shooters like R-Type, Nemesis, etc and Bubble Bobble. As every day passes a classic is removed or left broken. <sigh>. It's getting very hard to find a place that still runs these beauties.

:)

so were looking at an average of 25! or there abouts

that confirms why I feel at home with the GP32 community - but other boards (GBA) make me feel unwanted!

warmfluffy - in 'skag'ness east coast spadge hole... theres a retro section at the top of the pier

dont they have a similar one in landudno too???

sPaCe :ph34r:

I started playing DOS-games which weren't as different as most games for the Megadrive/SNES/... .
A nice gameplay was always more important for me than graphics. I like looking at graphics like from FarCry, but I don't have as much fun playing it. In fact I don't play any "modern" games at the moment. I use my PC mainly for programming and surfing in the web.

Intersting that there are so many Germans here... I always thought the UK had the strongest GP32 user base.

That was what I thought, too. Beside that where are you originally from? (I'm just interested because my cousin live in Osnabrück, has the same age and isn't originally from Osnabrück ;) )

I'm one of the oldest... 43, from the US.
I was born in the Netherlands though so I'm one of the gang (Den Hague). I have plenty of family there. Groetjes allemaal.

Also, I started playing arcade games in 1979-1980... at about 18 years old. You can imagine the old games I was playing then.
gp32_console

Back