What Your Emulating - Suggestions!

traylorpark

Very Active Member
So ... we've got Caanoos now!
And we've got a few emulators!

I want to hear what you all have been enjoying on your Caanoo so far?
The MAME world is a big one. Make some suggestions for games that we should check out!

Myself, I've been playing a lot of DoDonpachi in the vertical orientation. If I hold my white Caanoo really close up to my face, it's kinda like playing at a real Japanese style arcade machine!
Looking forward to overclocking so I can turn this good experience into a great one!

i finally got the scummvm emulator working so been playing some beneath a steel sky (amiga memory's)

Also like playing mame a lot had it on my pc for years but its great to have a good working version on our caanoo and can only get better, 1944 is usually what i play.

The best emulator in my book though is the speccy one due to having a zx spectrum 48k,48k+ and a 128+2 as a kid , dizzy and rockman get the most play

really can't wait till a genesis/32x/cd emulator comes a long as it was another sysyem i had/have and loved.

homebrew....

pussion...... great puzzle game , really fun to play and very well made

trap75...... just like a game i used to play on my amiga 1200! love it

zombie sorbet .... diner dash anyone ? good game

cheers ............ paul3100

my favourites atm:
Super Hangon an Super Formula (MAME)
Neo Turf Masters and Neo Drift Out (NeoGeo)
Puzz Loop 2 (CPS2 emu)

traylorpark said:
Myself, I've been playing a lot of DoDonpachi in the vertical orientation. If I hold my white Caanoo really close up to my face, it's kinda like playing at a real Japanese style arcade machine!
Looking forward to overclocking so I can turn this good experience into a great one!

Do we use different Romsets? When I tried it, the colours were completely wrong in DoDonpachi and apart from that, it didn't ran fullspeed.

I am playing Full Throttle on ScummVM right now, never had a portable device, that was capable of running it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know what your talking about CKeichel ... change the "Video Depth" to "auto" in the option menu just after selecting the game. That will fix it!
I also tried Full Throttle ... I was psyched to see how well it was running!

I'm definitely going to try some of the games you all have mentioned.

traylorpark said:
I know what your talking about CKeichel ... change the "Video Depth" to "auto" in the option menu just after selecting the game. That will fix it!
I also tried Full Throttle ... I was psyched to see how well it was running!

I'm definitely going to try some of the games you all have mentioned.

Hey, sounds great, will try it, I hope it runs fullspeed when the firmware update next week allows overclocking ;)

Yeah, apart from some (very small) sound hickups Full Throttle runs very smooth.

Dodonpachi is already pretty close now ... I'm sure it will then next week.

So I don't have a lot of experience with MAME (or CPS2) I'd love recommendations for games to try!

traylorpark said:
Dodonpachi is already pretty close now ... I'm sure it will then next week.

So I don't have a lot of experience with MAME (or CPS2) I'd love recommendations for games to try!

Metrocross, awesome, but not well known.

I've had mine now for a few weeks, and i've been playing mostly Metal Slug and Gyruss, i want to play Wonderboy in Monster Land, but keep getting slowdowns ruining gameplay.

I also tried playing some of the NeoGeo fighters such as Waku Waku 7, King Of Fighters & Samurai Showdown, but they are hardly playable due to the lack of deadzone on the analog stick, i can't even dash properly in those games (double tap in the direction, left or right), i end up jumping or ducking (and getting beat up).

I've already got some things in mind for when they get ported.

Picodrive - Sonic 3 & Knuckles or Sonic 1 Megamix (3.0 or 4.0beta)
PocketSnes - Super Metroid, Super Mario All Stars
Gpsp - Metroid Fusion, Metroid Zero Mission
Ohboy - Wario Land 3
GINGE - Cave Story

Since Ohboy is available right now, I'm playing Wario Land 3. :)

The past couple days, I've been exploring the joys of the cps2emu. What a wonderful piece of software that is :rolleyes:
Made my experience with my Caanoo even more amazing!

However, I'm a little disappointed in one respect. I'm a very big fan of Raizing's shooters.

Both 1944 and Dinahoo have major problems.
1944 starts stuttering and skipping very dramatically.

Dimahoo just stops loading once it reaches the point when it should display its name and number code.

These should be playing fine I'd imagine. Here's a wiki page for the GP2X showing that both should be playable.
http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/CPS2emu

If anybody has suggestions or successes with these games, I'd love to hear it!

.944 on GP2x
Dimahoo on PSP

Oh, remapping keys for vertically oriented games ... needed <_<

RupeeClock said:
GINGE - Cave Story

That's what I'm excited about right there.

I have been playing Super Mario Land 3 - Wario Land like crazy.
One of the first games I ever played. And it really brings the Gameboy-feeling back.
I am getting used to the ultra-sensitive controls fast and kick major ass right now :D
Snes is going to be a big one as well, und gba/gpSP will be huuuuge. When controls will be fixed ;)

Back