• Headhunter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • House of the Dead

• Ikaruga

• Total voters

CUPC4KES posted on Apr 14 2006 at 07:47 PM said:
my 2 favourite games were in the same section!?? anyway, i been thinking about getting shenmue 2 for years on the xbox, but never got round to it, i might go looking for it tomorrow, is it as good as the dc version? (im guessing there is no difference at all) an does anyone know if it works on the 360? i loved the original shenmue, weren't there originally supposed to be three games in the series? i still have the project berkley demo with my dc virtua fighter.
The Xbox version has English Voices, instead of subs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vimacs posted on Apr 14 2006 at 08:02 PM said:
play the original, on the original platform.

or go to hell!

i have the original shenmue on the dc, just never got round to getting the follow up, and i think its cheaper on the xbox, plus its easier for me, my dc is sitting in a box with a saturn, a snes and a ps1 in my cellar! ii dont think its compatible with 360 neither.

Goity posted on Apr 14 2006 at 07:51 PM said:
CUPC4KES posted on Apr 14 2006 at 07:47 PM said:
my 2 favourite games were in the same section!?? anyway, i been thinking about getting shenmue 2 for years on the xbox, but never got round to it, i might go looking for it tomorrow, is it as good as the dc version? (im guessing there is no difference at all) an does anyone know if it works on the 360? i loved the original shenmue, weren't there originally supposed to be three games in the series? i still have the project berkley demo with my dc virtua fighter.
The Xbox version has English Voices, instead of subs.

so no real spoken dialogue on the dc?? just subtitles?? the original game on dc has dialogue doesnt it?

Ravnos posted on Apr 14 2006 at 07:13 PM said:
There's spoken dialogue on the DC version, but it's all in Japanese.
Which is generally considered to be better. There is a rather substantial difference in graphics when you do a side-by-side comparison.

Personally, I prefer the Dreamcast version because it's on its original platform and I like the Japanese voices, but I still think it's worth getting the Xbox version--especially if you don't have the Dreamcast one.

Back