Whats the "killer app" going to be for the Pyra?

Putting whether the 3DS is possible or not aside... The GPU in the A80 looks awesome, what are you talking about?

-God Ginrai
 It looks okay. About half the GPU performance of Apple's A7, assuming similar clock speeds. Certainly better the SGX544MP2 in OMAP5, both in performance and features.

Enough for Vita emulation? Maybe, who knows.
Yea, my main reasons for saying it was awesome were these:

• It's better than the one in the OMAP.
  • We're never going to be able to get an A7
  • It's better than most of its competition
-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope it will be an original Game, not an ordinary port or Emulator. Remember Paper Wars? Something like that for Pyra :)
if progress is that fast like now, it'll probably be ready when pyra is ready -_-
"Never give up, never surrender!" :)

I'm sure there will be great original games for the Pyra where all the iPhone and Android users just watch jealous to out Handheld. ^^ I can imagine that not only "killer apps" raise the value of the Pyra but also nice details like a good repo (manager) like PND Manager for Pandora or the great Compo4All feature, that supports emulators, ports and original games. Stuff like that make the difference, combine that with the power and possibilities of the Pyra and there will be alot of "killer features" in the future.

What are you talking about?  PS1 is made for TV and it works wonder on Pandora small screen.
PS1 doesn't have two screens.
You don't make any sense.  It's not two screens or not, the point is Drastic looks just fine on Pandora.  YOu can even switch to one screen as most DS games the second screen is not used effectively anyway.

Look how it's squash on the screen.
The Pyra screen is high enough resolution that you can fit both screens of the 3DS on it and still have room. Also, your example is on a cell phone. On my Pandora, I've played that exact same game w/ top screen 2x and bottom screen 1x side by side and had absolutely no problems with it.

-God Ginrai

I want to play 3DS on the TV screen with dual display setup.

Don't care about booth screens on the Pyra screen a lot.

An improved 'mouse experience' could make a lot of games playable that aren't now, at least to me. I can't get the hang of the nubs, in part because they don't offer the same 'dynamic response', but mostly because they use totally different parts of my brain/body and it seems I'm too old to be retrained :) Being able to enjoy Deus Ex (one of the few Windows games I really like) on the go could make me very happy.
Say WHAT? What "mouse experience" do you expect the Pyra to deliver? Sitting at a table, you might be able to plug a real mouse to the Pyra. Playing "on the go" means using the nubs for mouse, just as on the Pandora.
I would be interested in hacking a track pad onto the bottom of the case, just under the right shoulder buttons.

Look guys,I just said it isn't appealing to me. Not that you shouldn't do it,
it's stupid or something. Gees... :lol:

I want to play 3DS on the TV screen with dual display setup.

Don't care about booth screens on the Pyra screen a lot.
I agree to this.

I haven't done much of a study on it but I think 3DS games are even less likely to use both screens effectively because it's harder to maintain the 3D effect while giving any focus to a screen that doesn't have it. So it's even more often delegated to menus and maps that doesn't need a ton of screen real estate to be useful.

I haven't done much of a study on it but I think 3DS games are even less likely to use both screens effectively because it's harder to maintain the 3D effect while giving any focus to a screen that doesn't have it. So it's even more often delegated to menus and maps that doesn't need a ton of screen real estate to be useful.
Play Monster Hunr 3 Ultimate and change your opinion.

This game is unplayable, even with Dual screen setup.

They made a customizable HUD on the touchscreen and you have a virtual D-Pad which does the camera movement.

Unless you don't map the Right nub on these virtual keys it's not well playable.

But I don't remember any other game now that can't be played in a Drastic like mode.

Play Monster Hunr 3 Ultimate and change your opinion.
This game is unplayable, even with Dual screen setup.

They made a customizable HUD on the touchscreen and you have a virtual D-Pad which does the camera movement.

Unless you don't map the Right nub on these virtual keys it's not well playable.

But I don't remember any other game now that can't be played in a Drastic like mode.
I wasn't saying I expect this to be the case for every game, just "even less likely than DS." A lot of DS games heavily prioritize one screen over the other, but a lot of them don't. It's my expectation that even more fall under the first category for 3DS, but naturally there's going to be at least some exception, I wouldn't have dared to claim otherwise. But since you admit you can't think of more than one it kind of supports my point :p

Mapping analog to some motion on the screen is a fairly reasonable technique, Lordus has done some work for that on the Android version of DraStic, although I haven't tried anything for the Pandora version yet.

Mapping analog to some motion on the screen is a fairly reasonable technique
Doesn't work like that.

For Monster hunter it would be enough if it did work like Pandora Mouse button.

It's a virtual D-Pad which has 2 "Buttons".

Nothing analog is simulated.

Even if that were true, you would have less screen for the top screen and hiding the second screen would diminish the quick access to the inventory and map.

Doesn't work like that.
For Monster hunter it would be enough if it did work like Pandora Mouse button.

It's a virtual D-Pad which has 2 "Buttons".

Nothing analog is simulated.
Good, mapping digital inputs is a lot easier.

Even if that were true, you would have less screen for the top screen and hiding the second screen would diminish the quick access to the inventory and map.
But you can afford to have less space for the top screen given that Pyra's will be 5" diagonally vs 3DS's that's only 3.53"..

Guys, the killer app is going to be a working Dwarf Fortress.... please...

Back