What's Wrong With My Gp2x?

desbo

Still Fresh
hey,

I got my gp2x in the post today and after playing the Payback demo for about 5 minutes the unit crashed completely, the screen flickered and got all messy, then eventually went off with the power light flicking and a faint clicking sound coming from the speakers. Now it does this when I turn the unit on, it starts to boot up and in about 5 seconds does the same thing. An odd thing is that the time it takes for this to happen varies depending on how long the gp2x has been turned off - the longer it's been off, the longer it lasts... but it's only a matter of seconds. I'm pretty disappointed.

Any ideas are appreciated.

desbo posted on Mar 3 2007 at 05:34 AM said:
hey,

I got my gp2x in the post today and after playing the Payback demo for about 5 minutes the unit crashed completely, the screen flickered and got all messy, then eventually went off with the power light flicking and a faint clicking sound coming from the speakers. Now it does this when I turn the unit on, it starts to boot up and in about 5 seconds does the same thing. An odd thing is that the time it takes for this to happen varies depending on how long the gp2x has been turned off - the longer it's been off, the longer it lasts... but it's only a matter of seconds. I'm pretty disappointed.

Any ideas are appreciated.
This is the standard problem many have on first use of a GP2X, there really should be a note card mentioning the need for proper recharge-ables.

If you are in the US, it is possible to buy Duracell and Energizer NiMH 2500mAh or higher capacity batteries from Walmart, Target etc. in a pack of 4 or 8 with a charger for $20 or less. They should last a couple hours to 3 or 4 on a good charge. The GP2X draws too much power for standard alkaline batteries to provide for very long, usually a few minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
There really should be a sticky about this. There has to be at least one a week of these type of posts!

that or a biginner faq in the email sent out when you regester here (or a link to GPNewbie)

Back