What's Your Dev Setup Going To Be?

Game_over

Game Developer
I'm just curious what environment of choice you are gong to have setup for the Pandora? What are the advantages of what you are going with? Thought it would be useful to everyone who is going to be bringing something to the system; especially for me :lol:.

Game_over said:
I'm just curious what environment of choice you are gong to have setup for the Pandora? What are the advantages of what you are going with?

I will cross dev from a Linux box using the appropriate cross tools:

- CodeSourcery ARM gcc
- TI Linux c64x tools (when they become available).

I will also probably setup some simulation environment to ease early debug (this is especially needed for kernel development and also for micro-optimization).

Last edited by a moderator:
yaustar said:
Windows + Open2x (I presume) + Code::Blocks.
That, or the official SDK if it's nice and compact. Bring it on :)

Alex. said:
That, or the official SDK if it's nice and compact. Bring it on :)

I guess the official SDK is what is supplied by TI, and this was hinted by Squidge ;)

Laurent said:
Tell me this won't start an editor religious war :D
Hopefully ;)......jk.

for me..... I'm thinking:

Code Warrior + Visual Studio (with out windows code)

Some Vector libraries + GIMP + OMAP/PowerVR/Opengl ES 2.0 SDK

I need to study the Debian architecture.

If it is SDL then Visual Studio + SDL and Windows builds then the occasional Pandora build using whatever setup (with SDL of course) is most supported. It worked very well for me when coding for the GP2X and you could in theory not even own a Pandora to code for it.

I will probably have the most odd setup. Mac Pro with Boot Camp running Windows XP natively with Linux under VM. Sigh. :p

I'm very interested in which toolchain will prevail and why.

Back