Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plasma Cannon

• BFG9000

• Total voters

Azure

Trust the recursion...
What weapon do you prefer to use the most in Doom (all versions)? I prefer to use the shotgun, I use it about 95% of the time, I only use the other weapons if I'm low on ammo or I have to kill those deamon guys and bosses.

Yeah, I'd agree. You can snipe with the shotgun, while moving too :) The super shotgun was only effective if in close or near-close range, and the rocket launcher just wasn't good enough for single player or deathmatch (usually ended in suicide...so it was great when someone pulled one out on you!)

After that I'd say fists. It scared the hell out of people when you dropped down off a ledge from behind them and punched them because they usually hadn't heard the punching sound before! And, if you throw in a berzerk powerup, it's great for ripping monsters to shreds! Chainsaws would have been nice if everyone didn't hear you coming...third place, I'd have to say plasma rifle. Not that useful on monsters, but if you see someone in deathmatch in a hallway, and they have a plasma rifle and you don't, no matter what you have, it's best if you run away. You can't see where to aim cos' of the projectiles and they HURT! A lot!

shotgun all the way - but i am gripped at the moment with the excellent STARDOOM - you can use a great plasma rifle which i just used to take out the emporer.. think it was the emporer anyway - but he's gone baby !

Where did you get your version of stardoom? I downloaded it from Doomwads.com or something like that and it doesn't work for me, it loads up, but won't play the game.

By the way, I like the rocket launcher with god mode on.

extremegamer posted on Oct 24 2003 at 12:37 PM said:
Where did you get your version of stardoom? I downloaded it from Doomwads.com or something like that and it doesn't work for me, it loads up, but won't play the game.

Can you use cheats in GP32 Doom? If so, how?

Last edited by a moderator:
mr twit posted on Oct 24 2003 at 10:52 AM said:
extremegamer posted on Oct 24 2003 at 12:37 PM said:
Where did you get your version of stardoom?  I downloaded it from Doomwads.com or something like that and it doesn't work for me, it loads up, but won't play the game.

Can you use cheats in GP32 Doom? If so, how?
No, you can't. I think that cheating is pointless unless you have beaten the game. I hate people who get a game for the first, don't beat the game, and start using gameshark codes like god mode and then say they beat the game

The most funnest weapon is always the Rocket Launcher. I mainly voted for it because I played multi-player doom more then single-player when I first got Doom. I don't care about winning, I only cared about having fun (while winning). It was always fun for me to watch my enemies get blown apart as they're running away. Yeah, sure, run away. Just expect a rocket up your ass the second you turn around! If it was possible to make it so second button shoot a secondary weapon of your choice, mine would always be the rocket launcher.

I guess the second best weapon would be the shotgun or the chaingun. Though it uses too much ammo too quickly, the chaingun is nice because it usually keeps the enemy you're shooting unable to fire back while you're still shooting them.

craigix posted on Oct 25 2003 at 07:33 PM said:
You can cheat actually.

-Craig

www.gbax.com
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
What what WHAAAAAAT?

Pray tell!

I've found the Lemmings thing, that was fun, but are the actual cheats there?
Please tell us how!!!

mr twit posted on Oct 29 2003 at 10:22 AM said:
craigix posted on Oct 25 2003 at 07:33 PM said:
You can cheat actually.

-Craig

www.gbax.com
What what WHAAAAAAT?

Pray tell!

I've found the Lemmings thing, that was fun, but are the actual cheats there?
Please tell us how!!!
What what WHAAAAAAT?

Lemmings!?

Pray tell!

Back to the question at hand my favorite weapon was always the plasma rifle! When your really in the shit and need a quick blast of kick ass theres no competition. You can kill anything if you have the ammo and in multiplayer your enemys find it very hard to get you while your blasting them! AHH happy days. Places to go people to KILL!!!

Mine is the SuperShotgun..

The minute i first got it at the age of 5 i fell in love with the sound the gun mabde and how it wqas reloaded....

Back