When Is The Real Release Date...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please stop fighting and be a bit more nice to each other, it really hurts to read this thread. Yes, not everything has gone smoothly, but fighting over who is to blame for the delay is not helpful at all right now.

craigix, EvilDragon, MWeston & co are under a lot of stress as they have been for more than a year now. They risked their future, mortgaged their houses, etc. and all that so that we can get this awesome new toy. True, we paid with our own money for it, but what they paid to this project can not even be measured in a any currency.

What I am saying is: cut them some slack. Some mistakes have been made, true, but I not once got the impression that they gave anything but their best effort and did anything not to the best of their abilities and knowledge to create Pandora.

Miknal said:
Would it not be easier to just make a newbie forum?

I mean, that list is fine for regular forum posting, but could be a little discouraging for someone browsing the internet who just wants to know if "thingy A" will work with "item B".
People should learn to use the internets. Reading the FAQ, rules and such first is one of the most basic lessons.

Last edited by a moderator:
fiori_musicali said:
Miknal said:
Would it not be easier to just make a newbie forum?

I mean, that list is fine for regular forum posting, but could be a little discouraging for someone browsing the internet who just wants to know if "thingy A" will work with "item B".
People should learn to use the internets. Reading the FAQ, rules and such first is one of the most basic lessons.
I think we end up spending a lot more time telling people to use the search function and read the FAQ than we would just answering the questions.
Definitely we should be telling people, but I think there is a tendency to be aggressive about it, and that doesn't always get the message across.

If we had a n00b questions forum, we could move them out of the way of serious discussion, and also out of the way of flaming from irritated members. :)

(There's also the issue that the search function is generally a bit rubbish. I know you can just use google with site:gp32x.de but that's not obvious to newbies.)

Aninhumer said:
If we had a n00b questions forum, we could move them out of the way of serious discussion, and also out of the way of flaming from irritated members. :)
I also have a brilliant idea: How about we add a "Questions answered in this FAQ/sticky/wiki will be ignored on the forum." Then the ones asking the questions will either start bitching and receive an even more deserved flame, or help themselves instead of assuming somebody else will throw away their own time to help them with trivialities. It's a little bit like customer support, except the ones answering stupid questions don't get paid.

fiori_musicali said:
I also have a brilliant idea: How about we add a "Questions answered in this FAQ/sticky/wiki will be ignored on the forum." Then the ones asking the questions will either start bitching and receive an even more deserved flame, or help themselves instead of assuming somebody else will throw away their own time to help them with trivialities. It's a little bit like customer support, except the ones answering stupid questions don't get paid.
If they were actually ignored, it would be less of a problem... but people do love to shout them down for it. ;)

Actually if it could be a rule "do not respond to people asking FAQs" I think that would help.
But what I see at the moment is one idiot asking something, and a huge flamefest following, and that can be more annoying than the original question, especially when it derails a topic.

After reading a lot of this thread and yet more nonsense pointed toward Craig and the Pandora team(who have and continue to work their asses off while the rest of us simply wait), I wonder why it's not locked. :blink:

MrBlais said:
They don't have the time for these petty threads, that's why! ;) They have better things to do.

Speaking of that, where's chip?

you guys obviously don't have anything better to do, because you are still posting on this thread about nothing.

This board needs more active moderators, especially with the Pandora getting closer and closer to release. The amount of threads that spiral off into off topic discussion is such a pain when you're trying to find related information to the topic.

Aninhumer said:

How naive. It would just change "USE THE SEARCH" flames to "POST IN THE N00B FORUM" flames. Because n00bs would just post in the general areas instead of the n00b areas, since they're lame and dumb anyway and will probably think "I will totally get a better answer here than if I search or ask in the right place!"

Anyways, let's get back on topic. EvilDragon's new post contains lots of good news. However, what does this imply? "2. Cases will ship sometime this week
According to the company which creates the moulds, the first samples of the cases should ship within this week (they didn't say any exact date).
That does mean that they should arrive latest next week - and if everything is fine, it's CASE MASS PRODUCTION time. Yeeeha!" So, once these moulds come (if there isn't a problem), will there be another 2-4 weeks before shipping the Pandora's (as they still have several steps to accomplish)?

aesir911 said:
Anyways, let's get back on topic. EvilDragon's new post contains lots of good news. However, what does this imply? "2. Cases will ship sometime this week
According to the company which creates the moulds, the first samples of the cases should ship within this week (they didn't say any exact date).
That does mean that they should arrive latest next week - and if everything is fine, it's CASE MASS PRODUCTION time. Yeeeha!" So, once these moulds come (if there isn't a problem), will there be another 2-4 weeks before shipping the Pandora's (as they still have several steps to accomplish)?

They aren't sending the moulds anywhere :p Case samples you mean. Craig made a post very recently when he thinks the first Pandora's will be in customer's hands. Go and view his profile then check all this posts.

EDIT: Here: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50090-when-is-the-real-release-date/page__st__90__p__766039&#entry766039 Hell you even replied to his post! And another thing ... it's in this very thread! Memory problems are us?

I thought of trimming this thread, but it seems that theres too much to be done, so since it has gone wildly off-topic, I'm just going to close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back