Where is My Pandora?

Gamester81

Still Fresh
Hey everyone, I ordered my Pandora on 1/18/10 and I was told I was queue position 3250-3350 in the first order. I still haven't received the system and keep reading about the delays. It's honestly getting ridiculous. Anyone else having the same issue? Did I get scammed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, you got delayed.

After expensive hiccups, we've now reached the unpleasant situation where production is running OK, but people ordering a system just now get it fairly quickly because the higher price they pay goes into subsidising your and my older and cheaper orders (mine's from April 2009 at $330.) It's not what anyone would have chosen from the outset, but it seems a good compromise to me -- machines are getting to people (about one in three goes to "old" preorderers IIRC), and the company making them stays financially afloat, which is a good thing in terms of parts availability, tech support and warranties.

You have three basic options: wait, pay, or bail. If you exert your powers of patience (this is the one I've chosen for myself for now), you will get your pandora once a few hundred more expensive recent orders have been fulfilled. If you're impatient, you can pay the difference between what you've already paid and the current price, and get your pandora within weeks. And if you're fed up with the whole thing, you can write to the shop where you ordered for a refund. This may take a few weeks of patience and some poking, but does work according to other customers who have done it.

You can also upgrade straight to the new 1Ghz model, but it's very expensive.

We're doing everything we can to get all the orders shipped.

You will get it reasonably soon, even if you wait without upgrading. We're getting there and the 1Ghz model is going to seriously help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Note that the 1GHz model is a prototype/sneak-preview at the moment, and limited to 150 pieces.

I hope you get your Pandora soon, I would love to see you do a review of it. Your retro console reviews are pretty awesome, particularly like the rare stuff you review.

What would be really awesome, and this is a stretch as by now I'm sure you just want your dam Pandora that you paid for, but it would be cool to see you review the 1Ghz Pandora if you do decide to upgrade . Would be the only review I believe.

Back