Where to Buy tab from the home page..question.

Legend1977

Still Fresh
Just wondering if the "Where to buy" tab can be updated or clarified. I know the Pandora might not even be available for purchase at the moment, but I'm wondering if a bit of a status update can be added as it pertains to that. Also has the original price changed? Because if it has that can be added to the "Where to buy" page as well. Not the fact that it was changed, if it indeed was, just something to let us know what to expect. I've been following the OP for about 2.5 years now and wanted to pre-order one but it just wasn't in the cards for me at the time. I can't even remember what the original price was but the price listed on the page says 500 for one delievered within the next 7 days? I seem to remember it being in the 249-299 range originally? 500? quite a mark-up or rush fee tagged on. Just hoping for some clarification.

Thanks!!

Here is the next that is on the Where to buy tab.

"Since the Pandora is a project started by only a few people, you won't find it in stores or big online shops.

The cost for a Pandora that is delivered to you within the next 7 days is 500 USD (without VAT) or approx. 440 EUR (including VAT).

If you are from UK, within the EU or worldwide, you can order from here or contact "Pandora sales email address"

If you are from Germany or within the EU, you can order from info@openpandora.de"

all of that info is up to date, and nothing can be changes to be any clearer, thank you for your time, the $330 price tag for a preorder price, $500 is the buy now price per unit

the original 330USD price was also deeply undercut. Craig and company didn't realize just how much of a loss they were taking on each console until they started shipping in earnest. That's why the sudden increase to $500 is probably going to become the regular price, at least for batch 3, while they recoup their development costs. One of the "perks" of having taken the leap of faith over the last 2 years and risking your money, I suppose.

all of that info is up to date, and nothing can be changes to be any clearer, thank you for your time, the $330 price tag for a preorder price, $500 is the buy now price per unit

nothing can be any clearer huh. I and the others that have posted questions disagree. I wasn't the only curious/confused one, only difference is I suggested the page be reworded.

How about the statement that says $500 delivered to you within 7 days. How about "The current price of the Pandora is $500, these are usually delivered within 7 days." The way it is listed sounds like it's an optional price to pay to receive "RUSH" priority. You may say well if there was a different price it would have been listed. In my opinion it's unprofessional and just kinda sloppy to expect people to read between the lines.

I'm completely understanding of the group running this board and the project. I'm not completely understanding for "and nothing can be changes to be any clearer" that's just being argumentative, and completely unhelpful.

Unfortunately at the $500 current price I no longer believe an Open Pandora is in my future. At the rate new gadgets come out something else will peak my interest I'm sure.

Apologies for DaMummy, we do try to be more welcoming than that.

I tend to agree, the wording seems to suggest that something is being left out. I can see how they're kind of forced into that wording though. They can't really put "7 day Pandoras $500, or pre-order and wait two months for just $500". Without a decision/announcement on the final price going forward, they can only list the current offering: A 7 day unit for $500.

That's my take on it anyway. :)

Back