Where Will The Devs Go Next If The Pandora's A Runaway Success?

mazza558

We've already seen that 3,800 people are willing to put their money on a device which hasn't been seen in its completed form yet. Suppose that a much bigger batch (30,000+) units is made, and they sell very quickly?

It'd be interesting to see what the devs' plans are if this situation becomes reality.

mazza558 said:
We've already seen that 3,800 people are willing to put their money on a device which hasn't been seen in its completed form yet. Suppose that a much bigger batch (30,000+) units is made, and they sell very quickly?

It'd be interesting to see what the devs' plans are if this situation becomes reality.
What I would do is
1. Quit my job.
2. Put money in advertising and software development.
3. Cut production costs(seems to be planned already).
4. Stay in touch with the community and listen ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
sold said:
Disneyland?
:lol:
*thinks about ED arm in arm with someone in a stupid Mickey Mouse costume grinning at the camera*

Nah, that doesn't fit :D

mali said:
sold said:
Disneyland?
:lol:
*thinks about ED arm in arm with someone in a stupid Mickey Mouse costume grinning at the camera*

Nah, that doesn't fit :D

Hahaha
I just imagined it and no, it fits perfectly! :lol:

torpor said:
I'd hope they'd work on Pandora VERSION TWO straight away! :)
Then they would be bankrupt faster than you can spell P.A.N.D.O.R.A ;)

It's funny, but most companies do make plans for what to do if things go badly, but rarely make plans for what to do if it is hugely successful. I hope the Pandora team has a "Teh Next Big Thing™" plan AND has to use it!

If this device is half as cool in practice as it looks on paper, you guys might want to start working up that plan... ; )

if the pandora gets to be as successful as it has the potential to be, they could really quit their jobs and focus on this market niche, because it's rare for a development group to listen to a community like this, so it's already a huge advertisement for them (even if a gp3x or something hits around the corner).
and as the Pandora also has the potential to become a mainstream "PMP", there sure is room to grow.

Maybe they'll buy the rights for the old GP32 (I wonder who owns them now?), stick an SD slot and battery pack in it, and restart its production as a $50 old-school homebrew haven :)

A group of ingenious individuals release a portable homebrew device in the face of much skepticism.

Pandora sales skyrocket. It becomes the latest and greatest piece of tech bling in developed nations against all perceived odds. The developers form Pandora Inc.

Pandora 2 is released. The general public, now having been shown the technological light eagerly await the second coming of Pandora. Sales are astronomical and Pandora Inc, having absorbed Texas Instruments into their burgeoning empire, topple former industry leaders the likes of Apple, Microsoft, AMD and Intel.

Civil war erupts. The Earth has become a wasteland bereft of plant and animal life. Those who refused the Pandora implant fight against the Pandora controlled cybernetic armies of doom. After a tumultuous struggle, the remaining human resistance (now known as the "n00bs") are defeated.

Armageddon. The four horsemen of the Apocalypse (Santa Clause, the Easter bunny, Bill Gates and Steve Jobs) rain down fiery retribution upon the world. The universe collapses.

Aftermath

There is a big bang...
Monkeys discover fire...

To be continued?

Or something :lol:

^^ LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

As I am not a dev, I can't really say where they would go. I would hope that they would stay here and continue to provide amazing apps, emulators, and homebrew! :)

Assuming a phenomenal success, I would love to see some good commercial games. Just no lame shovelware or the 200th iteration of a watered down EA franchise. B)

The OP title's a bit misleading. I didn't mean literally where they would go, but I meant something more like "what new ideas would they try?" or "what would they do with themselves" - esentially, where would the pandora go next, having established a fairly large user base?

you guys are deciding other peoples lives?
:p

i hope they stay right here and work on tech support for the pandoras being released so its a smooth working device before anything else is done and second batch is made.

Back