Which file systems are supported out of the box?

j6cubic

There's one bit of information I couldn't find on the official site or the wiki: Which file systems does the Pandora support out of the box? It'd be nice if we could write this down somewhere for easy reference.

I also wanted to inquire about HFS+ support but have since found a thread on GP32X where it was mentioned that even if it isn't directly supported it's just an Ångström package away.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's one bit of information I couldn't find on the official site or the wiki: Which file systems does the Pandora support out of the box? It'd be nice if we could write this down somewhere for easy reference.
ext2, ext3, msdos/vfat, iso9660, ufs, squashfs

(Excluding ubi/system/network/temporary file systems and other 'nodev' stuff listed in /proc/filesystems)

In the rootfs tarball I've downloaded some time ago I can find fs kernel modules for autofs4, befs, cramfs, exportfs, hfs, isofs, nfsd, udf and of course fuse. Don't know about the filesystems directly compiled into the kernel. FUSE filesystem drivers (like for HFS+) can probably just be installed from the Ångström repository.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back