Which Is The Best To Use For Neo Geo Emulation?

mortalporcupine

Still Fresh
I have seen videos of people using MAME and also GNGeo to emulate Neo Geo. My question is, which is the best? Or are there more that I have not heard of?

Thanks

There's also FBA, but I haven't tried it myself yet. GNGeo works quite well, but it's a hassle to get it running. Mame needs a specific romset and you should overclock your Caanoo for best results. There are some threads here about the issues of the emulators.

Thanks, I will do some investigating  :D

Looking forward to trying some Amiga emulation too. I used to own an Amiga, it was the best machine I have ever owned 

erico said:
GNgeo works flawless on my end. Everything perfect and no frame skip.

Yeh i played some metal slug and its great. Especially with the 4:3 screen. Thats why I wanted the Caanoo... because i despise black bars or stretched screen aspect ratios! Probably gona have to get used to the analogue stick though.

Actually, one problem I had with gngeo was finding a working romset for the caanoo. I have a few games working but a lot of them are not the correct romset so dont work at all.
I know you cant post links here but if you can share the romset another way I would be very grateful.

IIrc, the french open consoles site had the correct romset, but I can't say if it's still there.
Maybe a pm to BAFelton is helpful.  :p

Akabei said:
IIrc, the french open consoles site had the correct romset, but I can't say if it's still there.
Maybe a pm to BAFelton is helpful.  :p

I will bare that in mind ;)

Back